A 1974 exploitation film starring Playboy Playmate Claudia Jennings. The story follows a gorgeous Louisiana poacher named Desiree as she runs from the local sheriff, his inept deputy son, the mean and nasty patriarch of the Bracken family, and his two dumb-as-mud hillbilly kin after being framed for murder. The movie was sold on the idea of seeing Jennings run around in cutoffs but there's a number of squirm inducing scenes of attempted rape. A sequel was made in 1988 called 'Gator Bait II: Cajun Justice, with 100% less Claudia Jennings and 300% more hairspray.
- Action Girl: Desiree is easily the most capable character in the film.
- Artistic License: Biology: For a guy who was supposedly castrated Leroy is an awfully horny fellow.
- B-Movie: You bet.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Almost happens until Pa Bracken breaks it up with a bullwhip.
- Corrupt Hick: Billy Boy.
- Deep South: The film takes place in a Louisiana swamp.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Desiree spends the entire film barefoot.
- Eighties Hair: The sequel.
- Fan Service: Claudia Jennings in cut offs was obviously intended as this.
- Fetish Fuel: It's an exploitation film, and they cast a Playboy Playmate. Of course it's this.
- Gorn: Julie is shot in the vagina at point blank range while being raped.
- Jerkass: TJ Bracken uses a bullwhip to keep his boys in line. In his defense, however, they are both stupid as hell.
- Narm: Jennings' attempt at a Cajun accent.
- Only Sane Man: Sheriff Joe Bob is the only person in the hunting party who tries to use logic.
- Secret Other Family: TJ Bracken is Desiree's real father.
- Too Dumb to Live: When a bag of snakes gets thrown into his boat, Billy Boy tries to shoot them. Guess what happens. Also, Pete and Leroy Bracken by default.
- The Voiceless: Desiree's kid brother was born without a tongue.
- Who had been killed in an auto accident in 1979 and was thus unavailable.