3rd Rock from the Sun/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Anvilicious: The racism episode.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Playing "keep away" with someone's baby? Dead Baby Comedy. But put it in a Good Times Montage like this one...
- Then there's this.
Dick: "Nina please, we're talking about prejudice here, something you know nothing about."
- Crowning Moment of Awesome / Crowning Music of Awesome / Crowning Moment of Funny / Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The "Mission Song" from the last moments of the final episode is all of these, made all the better by the entire quartet actually knowing how to sing and harmonize reasonably well.
- Dick re-enacting John Lithgow's speech from Footloose is a close second-place for CMOF.
- Dick, after being told smoking will take years off his life:
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The main theme. Also Harry's Dream Sequence Musical Number, "Life Has Been Good To Me". He's not a bad singer, surprisingly.
- Ear Worm: The theme song, easily.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Harry/Nina. One episode demonstrated their potential, but they broke up before Nina got back together with Rodney due to a One Dialogue, Two Conversations misunderstanding.
- Idiot Plot: There are numerous plots where the problems/misunderstandings would be solved quickly if only some more specific language was used. Of course, if that was the case, things wouldn't be nearly as funny. It also should be mentioned that the idiot plot is justified for this show, since the Solomons are learning Earth culture and of course wouldn't know about many facets of humanity.
- Retroactive Recognition: Joseph Gordon-Levitt played Tommy. After the show, Gordon-Levitt appearing in a bunch of independent films before finally becoming a big star on the back of one of those indie films in the late 2000's.
- Every time Tommy appears on screen, it's hard to restrain yourself from screaming (in a high-pitched voice) "COOOBRAAA!!!".
- The Scrappy: Tommy's first girlfriend, August. Manipulative, selfish, snooty, Straw Feminist and all-around bitch who broke up with Tommy due to his "immaturity", after being caught cheating on him and lying about it to his face.
- Straw Man Has a Point: When Dick is called for jury duty, he's entirely gung-ho about the process until he learns the defendant is someone he's met. The case is iron clad and he's completely guilty and Dick knows it, but Dick can't bear to send someone he knows to jail, and have him know Dick in turn. Dick even uses the words "now he has a face" to explain why it bothers him. He's still an idiot, but he sees the defendant as a person and not just a criminal to be convicted.
- Back to 3rd Rock from the Sun