A Random MST
Created by TV Troper Arcadiarika, A Random MST is Exactly What It Says on the Tin: MSTing horrible fanfics/stories. However, while it does have one consistent character throughout the series so far--hapless Professor Kristopher Smith of The Arcadian Legends--sometimes, the frameworks for the MSTs take place in different times and different places.
So far, the following MSTs have been made for this series:
- boy to girl to fox TF TG
- The Horribly Bloody Death of Kairi
- Pokemon Attack of Mewtwo 2: Attack of Team Rocket
- TWA International Bash
- Actor Allusion: In The Horribly Bloody Death of Kairi MST, the characters comment on Kairi and regeneration. Kairi's voice actress also played Claire on Heroes, who also has regenerative powers.
- Author Avatar: For the 2095 Arcadia timeline, Shaymin Hat Girl. For the We Are Our Avatars (TV Tropes roleplay) timeline, Rika appears very briefly.
- Author Tract: The Horribly Bloody Death of Kairi is a commentary on why Die for Our Ship fics simply don't work, and Pokemon attack of mewtwo 2: attack of team rocket, especially with the ending with its author's Rage Quit message, is a commentary on how MSTers poke fun at fanfics. Mileage varies on whether or not any one of those are successful, however.
- Crossover: The first two MSTs have Carter Grayson and Author Avatar Shaymin Hat Girl. The other three MSTs have Catherine Grayson from We Are Our Avatars. The fifth MST takes it further with TV Troper Sapphire Flame, other Author Avatar character!Rika, and Kamina himself.
- MST: Duh.
- Mythology Gag: Intentional or not, even with the wrong Carter, the characters MSTing a Charles Roberts fanfic nearly echo when a few of the Avatars did the same thing. Minus the force-feeding with a computer bit.
- Sanity Slippage: Especially during really bad fanfics.
- Schedule Slip: Made during the Pokémon: Attack of Mewtwo MST, due to the writer's updating and the MSTer slacking off and nearly forgetting about it.
- The entire series can be seen as this.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: The edit to the fanfic The Horribly Bloody Death of Kairi had this disclaimer, stating that she wouldn't touch the fanfic again and told everyone else to MST it instead.
- Self-Deprecation/Take That: Jabs at arcadiarika herself are made Once an Episode.
- Shout-Out: References to That Guy With The Glasses reviewers ("Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen" and "Of COURSE!" in response to taking over the world) are also made Once an Episode. Also, see Actor Allusion above.
- From the TWA International Bash MST, "Skunk is a chicken! CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP!" and "Oh, hi, semicolon!"
- Her recent edit to The Horribly Bloody Death of Kairi says that she wouldn't touch the fanfic with a 39-and-a-half-foot-pole.