Beetlejuice (film)/Nightmare Fuel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Two Words: Betelgeuse Snake. It even got referenced in the Shin Megami Tensei series of games, as a boss enemy in Shin Megami Tensei 2.
- The fly screaming "Help me, help me!" while he ate it in the toy village.
- Made even worse if you recall that Geena Davis starred in the remake of The Fly two years earlier.
- When the Maitlands are being exorcised, and begin to rapidly age before everyone's eyes.
- The scene where Barbara tries to scare Delia by hanging herself in a closet and then ripping off her own face.
- Fortunately for Delia and Otho, they can't see her. They were more terrified at how small the closet was.
- I'm surprised no mention was made of Barbara and Adam's transformations where Barbara stretched her face with her eyeballs in her mouth and Adam made his face beak-shaped with eyeballs on his fingers. Look [dead link], if you [dead link] dare [dead link].
- Given the theme of ghosts resembling their corpses at the moment of death..just stop and think of some of the horrible ways that people have died.
- The Sandworms.
- Betelgeuse himself qualifies as Nightmare Fuel...and not just when he's in his giant-snake form. He's pretty much Chaotic Neutral incarnate, can change form at will into pretty much anything, and he's not above killing people.