Dark Souls II
Dark Souls II is the sequel to Dark Souls.
Drangleic was once a glorious land, but since then has been ruined by the undead curse, who reduced their inhabitants to hollows, mindless violent creatures who feed on souls.
Our featureless protagonist was afflicted with this curse, and was told by an old lady to go to Drangleic to end his curse. There he meets three old woman, who cure his hollowing, but only temporarily, and tell him simply to prod through the kingdom. Doing just that, the Cursed warrior meets a woman called the Emerald Herald.
The woman tells the protagonist seek the king Verrick, that once ruled Drangleic before it fell into chaos. However, she says the Cursed can't find him with a weak soul he have now, so she tell him to collect four greater souls around Drangleic.
And so, a dangerous, deadly, journey though this once beautiful land begins....
Developed by From Software. Directed by Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura. Published by Namco Bandai.
- Apocalypse How: It seems to be a Class 0 but considering how the protagonist got the curse when he is an outsider to Drangleic and the fact the curse itself wasn't born there is a pretty big hint the rest of the world may not be so well now.
- Artificial Human: When the protagonist meets the Emerald Herald in the way to the Throne of Want, she says she was created by dragons.
- Attack of the 50 Foot Whatever: Aside of dragons, giants and other fictional creatures, there is a large deal of big goddamn animals, like spiders, salamanders, beetles, etctera.
- Brutal Honesty: The three old women at Things Betwixt don't hesitate in telling you exactly what they're thinking: that you're pretty likely will fail and become another walking corpse wandering Drangleic.
- Cute Monster Girl: Nakja is very cute for a human torso attached to the body of a giant scorpion.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Tark looks very intimidating thanks to 90% of his body being of a giant black scorpion, but it's actually very friendly if you manage to talk to him.
- Dem Bones: Oh yeah, Drangleic have animated skeletons wanting to kill you.
- Fan Disservice: Mytha has a pretty nice figure and being half-snake isn't all that bad. It's the fact she decapitated body carries her head around that is the problem.
- Flunky Boss: The Duke's Dear Freja fights along with spiders that seem to be her children.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The Duke's Dear Freja fires laser beams from one of her heads.
- Godiva Hair: Nakja doesn't wear anything, but her hair covers her chest.
- Mook Medic: The Necromancers will revive the undead if the player doesn't kill them.
- Unwitting Pawn: How Nashandra treats the protagonist once she reveals herself as someone who desires to usurp the throne of Drangleic for herself, having waited until the protagonist had killed the protectors of the throne to appear in her true form to try to kill the Bearer of the Curse before he could take his place as the next Monarch.