Forum:What have we been doing with TVT Roleplay things again?
Because I just stumbled over one: World War X (Roleplay). Do we really need it? Plus it has a name collision with both an upcoming film (adapting yet another Philip K. Dick story) and an Ultimate Marvel Universe storyline. -- Looney Toons (talk) 14:59, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
- As someone who plays in one of the TVT RPs (We Are All Pokémon Trainers (Roleplay)), I think it'd be a good idea to get rid of them. I stumbled across the page seeing if other sites mentioned us, finding that there's vastly outdated imports of WAAPT's pages as well as those for the related project The Pokédex Extended Fanon Edition, and I sure as hell know that people aren't gonna be coming here to maintain more versions of the pages when we have the TVT articles and our own wiki to worry about. Sixy (talk) 18:00, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm not sure we're going to get anything out of hosting TVT roleplays here, either. We don't want to be scary deletionists here, but unused and unpatrolled content doesn't help anyone. Also, since the TVT roleplay pages tend to be more about documenting and organizing the work rather than troping them. (Like the Fanon Pokédex, say.) We might want pages on them, but not on the scale that we currently have them. I think it might be more effort to try to refactor the pages, than to just start from scratch, too. So I think I'm going to propose that with respect to the TV Tropes roleplays, we delete without prejudice. (i.e. delete the pages, but no objections to recreating them or restoring them). Vorticity (talk) 20:03, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- I second Vorticity's opinion. GethN7 (talk) 20:22, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Agreed. Looney Toons (talk) 13:12, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
- So speaks the Grey Council, I guess, since Looney went ahead and implemented it already.
- While we're on the topic, I'm going to go ahead and delete all of the Fanon Pokédex subpages, since they're basically a creative work from another wiki. The trope page, The Pokédex Extended Fanon Edition is actually keepable with minor cleanup. Vorticity (talk) 20:35, 12 March 2014 (UTC)