SSA's Schoolgirl Astronauts
- Voiced by Eri Sendai
The story's protagonist, Yukari is stubborn, tough, petite, and incredibly lucky - in short, perfect astronaut material. Although she initially considers her job as an astronaut a necessary evil and a means to an end -- that end being finding her long-missing father -- she eventually comes to take a certain pride in her position and her accomplishments in it. Yukari is most likely the Beauty in the SSA astronauts' Beauty, Brains, and Brawn trio -- but that doesn't mean she's brainless. Not by a long shot.
- Only Sane Man: Yukari, especially from her perspective. Surrounded by an overly ambitious executive, a surprisingly cold-blooded doctor, a mad scientist, a jungle girl who can't shut up about "fireworks"? Yeah. And then there's her father.
- Ordinary High School Student: Yukari prior to becoming an astronaut. For the first few weeks following her return to Earth, she tries to insist that she still is one.
- voiced by Hitomi Nabatame
Half-Japanese, Half-Polynesian, Matsuri turns out to be Yukari's younger half-sister, the daughter of Yukari's missing father. Given some of the things she's endured during the course of the show, Matsuri is most likely the Brawn in the SSA astronauts' Beauty, Brains, and Brawn trio.
- The Chief's Daughter: Matsuri is technically one, although she doesn't fall into the traditional role of being the main character's love interest; (instead she turns out to be the heroine's younger half-sister, since the Chief in question is actually Yukari's runaway dad).
- Fur Bikini: Matsuri's "native" clothing is a close cousin, being as it doesn't have much fur in it.
- Jumped At the Call
- Magical Native Islander: Matsuri can charm fishes to the shore by singing to them, uses the Jedi Mind Trick on a guard and survives 38 Kg. at 10G on her torso during a re-entry without even a bruised rib.
- Nubile Savage
- Trademark Favorite Food: Matsuri puts ketchup and mayonnaise on everything.
- voiced by Shizuka Hasegawa
Physically weak but inspired by Yukari's example to become an astronaut, Akane made her way to the Solomon Islands and presented herself at the gate of the SSA as a candidate. Despite her tendency to faint during takeoffs, she became the SSA's technical specialist, making her the brains of the SSA's Beauty, Brains, and Brawn trio.
- Determinator: She flat-out refused any help in order to become an astronaut.
- Jumped At the Call: Akane turns Jumping at the Call Up to Eleven, spending her life savings to get to the SSA on the off chance that she might simply be allowed to apply.
- Weak but Skilled: The most delicate of the SSA astronauts (she routinely passes out during launches), Akane is also the appointed mission specialist, charged with handling technical and scientific tasks that are beyond the capabilities of her fellow astronauts.
SSA Ground Crew
- voiced by Takaya Kuroda
A description of the character goes here.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Salaryman: Kinoshita was one of these before he decided to follow his childhood dreams and become an astronaut. After failing screening due to a medical condition, he ended up becoming the SSA's mission director instead.
- voiced by Machiko Toyoshima
The SSA's chief chemist, Mihara is responsible for both the rocket's fuel and the astronauts' skintight spacesuits.
- Mad Bomber: Her ... enjoyment of explosions might qualify her; it's pretty obvious that the only thing keeping her randomly blowing up bits of the landscape for fun is that her job pays her to play with dangerous explosives.
- Mad Scientist: She's fascinated with oxidation, the faster the better. (In layman's terms, she really likes Stuff Blowing Up.) When she needed platinum as a catalyst for the new fuel she was testing, she used her own wedding ring to provide it!
- Scary Shiny Glasses