|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Vorticity is one of the admins around this place. You can blame him for all of the errors that were made in importing from TV Tropes. He's a professional programmer, specializing in Perl, and he's a real booster of the Perl 6 language.
Vorticity is a Southern Californian meteorologist. And no, it's not Always Sunny in California. He got his degree from California University, California, Eagle Land -- Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature is on his diploma.
His real name is Brent Laabs. A Google search suggests the name is unique... that whole list is his ridiculous exploits.
His personal website is at brentlaabs.com.
- Tabletop Games
- Web Comics
- Video Game
- Text Editor
- vim (suck it, emacs), Text Wrangler.app
Tropes that apply to Brent:Edit
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The relationship between me and my current not-a-girlfriend.
- Edit Warrior: Veteran of the Edit Wars over on Davis Wiki, though I've been told that less than 6% of my over 5000 edits were reverts, so not that bad. (For users of this wiki, take that to mean that Edit Wars are not all that bad -- refusing to compromise is the actual problem for most Edit Warriors.)
- Failed a Spot Check: constantly
- For Science!: Science is always a valid reason for all sort of social experiments, right?
- If It's You It's Okay: With a college friend, though he sadly has an Incompatible Orientation, so we're still Just Friends
- The Lancer: My most comfortable position is in helping someone else get to the top, and giving them What the Hell, Hero? speeches when they need it. I am not comfortable being the lead administrator of this site, but here we are. I hope this means I'm just more open other people's input, and I'll grow into The Hero.
- Newspeak: I'm fluent in it due to my participation in the Inner Party of the Students for an Orwellian Society (at UCD)
- Occidental Otaku: My telecommuting job just enables my anime addiction.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Maybe he would have actually gotten a degree in grad school if he weren't involved in other fields.
- Playful Hacker: Suspended in high school for "hacking", for walking through Swiss Cheese Security and literally using MS Paint to add a hammer-and-sickle to a find-your-career program's splash screen. My language of choice is Perl 6, where I contributed a bit to the IO system of the Rakudo compiler, though I use Perl 5 the most for my day job.
- Principia Discordia: Made a pilgrimage to Emperor Norton's grave on 5-5-05.
- Pungeon Master
- Spoony Bard: I tend to avoid specialization and sing tenor. And play Bard Player Characters too often.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Well, book smart, anyway.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Type 3. Make of that what you will.
- Student Council President: Well, more like vice president (for external affairs) in the Grad Student Association, but in the undergrad association, he was more like The Man Behind the Man
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.12 GG/S/CS d- s+:++>+ a C++ UX+ P++++$ L++ E-- W+++ N+ o? K w- !O M++ V-- PS+++@ PE- Y+(++) PGP- t++ 5++ X++(-) R+>++ tv++ b+>+++ DI+ D+ G+ e++(*) h! r>++ y+*------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------