Vorticity is one of the admins around this place. You can blame him for all of the errors that were made in importing from TV Tropes (Wiki).
His real name is Brent Laabs. A Google search says the name is unique... that whole list is his ridiculous exploits.
Tropes that apply to Brent:
- For Science: Science is always a valid reason for all sort of social experiments, right?
- California, Eagle Land
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature is on his California University diploma (from the pepper spray one).
- Newspeak: Brent is fluent in it due to his participation in the Inner Party of the Students for an Orwellian Society (at UCD)
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Maybe he would have actually gotten a degree in grad school if he weren't involved in other fields.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: UC Davis' ASUCD runs the city bus service, and that's not even half the budget.
- Student Council President: Well, more like vice president (for external affairs) in the Grad Student Association, but in the undergrad association, he was more like The Man Behind the Man
- All Elections Are Serious Business: *sigh*, too much student government stuff, in addition to running polling places for City Council elections.
- If Its You Its Okay: With a college friend, though he sadly has an Incompatible Orientation, so we're still Just Friends
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The relationship between me and my current not-a-girlfriend.
- Spoony Bard: Brent tends to avoid specialization and sings tenor. And play Bard Player Characters too often.
- Principia Discordia: Made a pilgrimage to Emperor Norton's grave on 5-5-05.
- Edit Warrior: Veteran of the Edit Wars over on Davis Wiki, though I've been told that less than 6% of my over 5000 edits were reverts, so not that bad.
- Pungeon Master
- Occidental Otaku
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Well, book smart, anyway.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Type 3. Make of that what you will.
- Failed a Spot Check: constantly