"Weird Al" Yankovic/Funny
Most of Weird Al's songs have at least one Funny Moment.
- Special mention for the "Smells Like Nirvana" music video. ALL OF IT.
'"And I forgot the next verse....
...Oh well, whatever, never mind"
- This troper remembered when he burned the song into his brain from about 19-20 years ago, and for those who don't know the original lyrics at that point in the song:
'"And I forgot the next verse,
oh well I guess it pays to rehearse...
The lyric sheet's so hard to find,
What are the words? Oh, nevermind"
- You can tell this helped Kurt crack up quite a bit from this.
Well I'm yellin', and we're playing,
But I don't know what I'm saying!
A banana, dadadada, nananana, badabada... *cue gibberish*
- Also, "Dare To Be Stupid" has his announcement that "Mashed potatoes can be your friends"...while emerging from a large pot with a finger raised and an "And Knowing Is Half the Battle" expression. It takes a great comedian to maintain a completely deadpan expression with mashed potatoes in his hair.
- I'm pretty sure all of "Dare to be Stupid" counts.
- "Party in the CIA" is hilarious, as one fan put it "It's hauntingly accurate, I hope we don't have to kill him."
- "We only torture the folks we don't like, You're probably gonna be OK!"
- The video for "Perform This Way". Weird Al's face superimposed over a woman's body, exhibiting outfits so outrageous that they manage to out-Gaga Lady Gaga. Highlights include a singing porcupine on his/her head, a Taj Mahal/Octopus combo, and a cameo by Madonna impersonator Holly Beavon who appears during the line "I'm so completely original" and later throws in the "Express yourself" reference.
- As well as an outfit made entirely of raw meat.
- From Trapped In The Drive-Thru:
"Then we drive to the drive-thru
Heading off to the drive-thru
We're approaching the drive-thru
Getting close to the drive-thru!
Almost there at the drive-thru
Now we're here at the drive thru
Here in line at the drive-thru
Did I mention the drive-thru?"
- The video for Polka Face. It's the first actual music video for a polka medley, and boy if it shows. Highlights include: the "baby" snippet, where a baby Justin Bieber is looking forward to get some breast milk (as a nod to his Likes Older Women status) only to be given a pacifier instead, the "I kissed a girl" part where Katy Perry "hopes her boyfriend doesn't mind", with his response being a couple of thumbs-ups, Lady Gaga being generally even crazier than usual, and Weird Al's own appearance as his own Super-Deformed avatar. About that last one, we'd say Uncanny Valley if only he wasn't that funny. And awesome.
- The Womanizer. My God, the Womanizer.
- "Good Enough For Now," from Polka Party, is three minutes of the most backhanded compliments ever put on wax.
- "Weasel Stomping Day" from Straight Outta Lynwood starts off as an amusing parody of all those upbeat, cheesy songs from holiday specials. Then the actual weasel stomping begins. It's so very wrong, but yet so very hilarious.
- "You Don't Love Me Anymore" is borderline disturbing... and totally hilarious.
I knew that we were having problems when
You put those piranhas in my bathtub again
You're still the light of my life
Oh darling, I´m beggin', won´t you put down that knife?
- Pretty much the entity of "A Complicated Song", but special mention goes to the final two choruses.
Why'd I have to go and get myself decapitated?
It really is a major inconvenience
Oh man, I really hate it
It's such a drag now
I can't eat, I can't breathe, I can't snore, I can't belch or yodel anymore,
Can't spit or blow my nose or even read Sports Illustrated
His fake interviews also have many moments.
- "We all got cellphones, so come on let's get real..."
- The whole of the Avril Lavigne one, helped by Avril being clearly batshit insane.
- True story: This troper recently watched that. ...the following lines made him stop the video and laugh for a whole minute:
Avril: (scared, paranoid) Oh my god, cameras, oh my god!
Weird Al: No, Avril, no! Cameras are your friends!
- The Eminem interview. The "you know what I'm saying" bit, Eminem talking about coming out, his triple negatives and the f^))&^king trees!
- The "Another Tattoo" video. Highlights include the tattoos of 4 of his ex-girlfriends (and Clay Aiken), zombie Ronald Reagan, his grocery list, and the geisha tattoo that is actually a tentacle monster.
- Some would say the songs are the Funny Moments.
- And worry not...no actual weasels were harmed in the making of the song. The sound effects were provided by smashing fresh fruits and veggies.