10 Things I Hate About You/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This movie contains examples of:
- Ear Worm: Letters to Cleo's cover of "I Want You To Want Me"
- Harsher in Hindsight: The part where Patrick tries to wake up Kat ("Come on, open your eyes!").
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Kat reads books such as "The Bell Jar". Julia Stiles played the protagonist in the 2012 film.
- Tear Jerker: The scene where Kat read the poem at the top of the main page in class. More specifically it was meant for Patrick. This troper always feels sad whenever Kat starts to get tears in her eyes and cries as she's reading, especially when the camera goes to Patrick (Heath Ledger) and you see he got kind of upset too.
- That would be because the script didn't call for tears, but she actually started crying anyway. Most likely, that was also Heath's reaction to seeing her cry.
- Heath Ledger singing his version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" to Julia Stiles. Especially when he sings the line "And I thank God I'm alive..." *sob*
- The Woobie: Cameron, particularly in the scene at the party when Bianca walks away from him...
The series contains examples of:
- Badass Decay: Patrick is initially Shrouded in Myth but later intimidates Cameron into accepting delivery of a Snuggy for him.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Kat saying "I really did believe you kissed a girl and liked it" sounds funny after seeing Lindsay Shaw in Pretty Little Liars
- The Woobie: Cameron and Bianca both alternate as this.