< 1942Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Of note especially is 1944's hard rock soundtrack.
- Ear Worm: The March of Midway, featured in 1942. It's even worse in the NES port, which turns the whistling into beeps.
- First Installment Wins: No one seems to have heard of 19XX or 1944. It doesn't help that they're the only arcade games thus far without rereleases or ports.
- Offending the Creator's Own: Three of the games (1942, 1943 and 1944) recreate the Americans' attacks on the Japanese in World War II. The NES/Famicom port of 1943 in particular had to have the battleships renamed to avoid potential controversy.
- Porting Disaster: The NES port of 1942 has a very poor framerate and an even more annoying rendition of the March of Midway.