19 Kids and Counting/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Acceptable Lifestyle Targets
- Acceptable Religious Targets
- Eagle Land: Type I; America is the greatest country in the world, cheeseburgers and french fries are the best, and things like Ethiopian food and bangers and mash are weird and can never be good.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Jinger
- Flame Bait / Hatedom: Just mentioning them on some sites can cause a debate, since they bring several issues (extreme religious views, birth control) together.
- Holier Than Thou: They have their moments, especially Josiah.
- That might have changed now, with some of the older ones taking over for him.
- Creator's Pet: Josiah in the earlier episodes, Jackson in the later. Both are unbearably annoying.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses: Inverted.
- Unfortunate Implications: The Duggars have very extreme religious views and practices; however, this is not a universal portrayal of an average born-again Christian lifestyle (or family, for that matter).
- Values Dissonance: MANY examples for viewers who do not follow the family's strict brand of Christianity.
- The Woobie: Josie surely counts- she was born three months premature and was in the hospital for almost a year.