< 3×3 EyesJump to navigation Jump to search
- Arranged Marriage: First to Shiva a.k.a Kaiyanwang and later to Koko.
- Badass Adorable
- Big Eater: As Pai.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Kaiyanwang has this effect on her (and every other Sanjiyan, apparently) until she learns to fight it off with The Power of Love.
- Cloudcuckoolander: As Pai. Her idea of cooking involves magic...and an Eldritch Abomination.
- Cute Monster Girl: Sometimes, it's easy to forget she's not human.
- Eyes Always Shut: When her third eye is closed, Pai is in control. When it opens, Parvati takes over.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Most times Parvati is simply called Sanjiyan or Seima (Holy Demon), even by people that know her name.
- Friend to All Living Things: Pai. Parvati... less so.
- Gambit Roulette: She decided to join with Kaiyanwang and bring about the end of the world in order to reverse the apocalypse. This works since in order to bring about the apocalypse, Kaiyanwang had to weaken the spiritual bonds holding his body together so he could merge with souls of all of humanity, which gave Parvati a chance to escape along with the souls and powers of the unwilling sacrifices made to Kaiyanwang over the centuries. Doing this severely weakens Kaiyanwang and greatly powers up Parvati and allows her to revive the now dying Yakumo with added invincibility bonus.
- Genki Girl: As Pai
- Green-Eyed Monster: Not happy with Yakumo and Ryoko/Hua Shi's sorta-not-really relationship.
- Jerkass With a Heart of Gold: As Parvati. She never really stray far into Jerkass territory, but she can be pretty mean.
- Love Triangle: At the end of the first series both her personalities and Yakumo.
- Not So Above It All: Parvati takes a liking to adult night life (booze, karaoke, bars) after spending some time as Himeji Ryoko.
- Not So Stoic: Parvati after the Lotus Eater Machine arc. Yakumo had to convince himself it's Parvati crying on his shoulder while hugging him and nor Pai. Also, Parvati was the one to initiate the You Don't Want to Die a Virgin, Do You? moment, not Pai.
- Pinocchio Syndrome
- Really 700 Years Old: Well, about 300 or so, and she looks about 16, like Yakumo.
- Soul Jar: To Yakumo's soul.
- Tsundere: As Parvati.
- Walking the Earth: What she did prior to the series' start (travelling from Tibet to Japan on foot) and what she and Yakumo end up doing for a good portion of the series.
- You Don't Want to Die a Virgin, Do You?: Parvati sleeps with Yakumo just before she sacrificed herself to Kaiyanwang.
- Badass Normal: For the first two or three volumes, his only advantage is his Healing Factor.
- Badass Abnormal: After the Time Skip, he returns as a summoner/martial artist/zombie. Later events power him up to a level where he can fight evenly with Benares and gain a Red Baron status with other lesser demons.
- Chick Magnet: Damn near every female in the series who doesn't already have a partner has had a crush on him at some point. Doesn't matter if they're human or not.
- Defeat Means Friendship: If whatever he's fighting with is not explicitly aligned with the Big Bad (there are exceptions) and doesn't die, this usually happens.
- Determinator: His defining trait.
- Game Face: After his merge with Amara whenever he uses the latters power, his body gains some of the latter's demonic features.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Was not happy about Pai's Arranged Marriage to Koko.
- Heroic BSOD: Happens a few times. The most striking ones were when Mama-san and Natsuko gets turned into...something and Parvati sacrificed herself. Doesn't keep him down for long.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: His goal at the beginning, later it comes after saving the world.
- Implacable Man: Having regeneration and basically being undead means nothing can keep him down as long as Parvati is still alive. Not even if you blow him up into the atomic level.
- Nice Guy: Most of the time.
- Older Than They Look: For the most of the series he is around his twenties while still looking 16, it gets jarring in 3X3 Eyes Gaiden where Yakumo may already be 30, and due his immortality still looks underage.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Despite being a Badass capable of leveling entire cities, he rarely gets any easy fights, and only gets the upper hand against Benares a few times.
- Parental Abandonment: Dad's obsessed with the occult and was never home, mom left him to fend for himself because of it.
- Took a Level in Badass: Starting with the Time Skip and just continues from there.
- Worthy Opponent: As a fellow Wu, Benares considers him this.
- Badass Normal: For the first two volumes, she's shown as an Action Girl and was the first to train Yakumo in martial arts, but simply Can't Catch Up as the series goes on. She's still a prominent character, however.
- Money, Dear Boy: One of her primary motivations when she was first introduced.
- Pointy Ears: She's never been shown as anything but a human, no matter what this trope may imply.
- Blood Knight: Especially clear when he's fighting Yakumo. Also the reason he messes up at the end.
- The Dragon: To Kaiyanwang. Literally too.
- It Only Works Once: Any time Yakumo uses a new trick against Benares, he will have a counter ready or prevent Yakumo from using it in the first place in their next fight.
- Big Bad
- Brainwashed and Crazy: All Kaiyanwang are like this, apparently.
- Legacy Character: Kaiyanwang is a title bestowed upon those who have undergone the Human Ritual and obtained the power to lead the Sanjiyan race.
- Karma Houdini: Causes The End of the World as We Know It (at least temporary) and at the end is still alive (though with a new body and (maybe) reduced power).
- Bare-Fisted Monk: His martial skills are apparently on par with Yakumo.
Himeji Ryoko /Hua Shi
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Happens when she gets her memories back. And after her Face Heel Turn near the end of the series.
- Combat Medic: More apparent after she seperates from Pai.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Genki Girl: What she retained from Pai. Even when she no longer inhabits Pai's body.
- Identity Amnesia: She's Pai as a schoolgirl and with a different name. Not really. She's actually a snake demon who was used by Benares to seal away Pai\Parvati's memory who lost her own memory, turning her into a blank slate.
- Love Makes You Crazy: After seperating from Pai and meeting Yakumo again, Benares' underling used her love for Yakumo to convince her to 'keep' him with her forever.
- Love Triangle: She briefly has this with Yakumo and Pai after reuniting with them, but backs away when it's clear Yakumo only has eyes for Pai/Parvati.
- Replacement Goldfish: Posed as Pai complete with her personality, and was briefly Yakumo's girlfriend.
- Shout-Out: She's possibly based on the ancient Chinese legendary character Madam White Snake, a snake demon who took the shape of a woman and fell in love with a human male.
- Snake People
- White-Haired Pretty Girl: After seperating from Pai.
- Artificial Limbs: One of his arms was replaced by a summoned beast that can turn into a scythe-like weapon after he lost it.
- Badass Normal: A completely normal human being who can go toe-to-toe with demons. He even managed to beat one of Benares' lieutenants!
- Cloning Blues: Was cloned after he was basically killed by Benares. His clone retained his love for Ryoko, but she stuck to the original's mangled corpse. Solved when the two joined together into one body.
- The Rival: Considers himself this to Yakumo.
- Love Triangle: He loves Ryoko, who seems more interested in Yakumo. They get closer with time. Later, his clone inherits the love to Ryoko from the original. Sadly for him, she still prefers the original Haan, even though he's just a corpse at this point. It's eventually solved by the two merging together.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Heel Face Turn: She's kinda...wishy washy about it.
- Token Mini-Moe: Well, she's actually Really 700 Years Old, but she's the smallest character in the entire series and acts like a little brat most of the time.
- Tsundere: Would you believe she asked Yakumo to give her a kiss as a reward for snapping him out of his Heroic BSOD? When all she ever did to him prior to this was either attack (to kill) or argue? Dude could start his own harem if he ever felt like it...
- Back to 3×3 Eyes