Takumi is what those in the afterlife call a genborei - A ghost who was never human to begin with. One who just appeared out of nowhere one day. He has a puzzling fascination with humans, has a 'body' that ages according to the Gregorian calendar, and has transluscent skin. He was also taken up as an apprentice to the Guardian of Space and Time, whom he nicknamed Yomi for ease.
Takumi's fifteenth deathday is closing in, which will be his second age of maturation. Another genborei, Kenga, inspires to use Takumi's latent energy for his own once they've evolved. So what does Yomi do? To keep Takumi out of reach, he sends him to Earth so his student can learn a thing or two about the beings he is so enamored with - Complete with a human skin.
For six months, Takumi will live at the Ishimura residence under the guise as a transfer student from Spain while handling the family's martial arts loving daughter, a classmate and guide who doesn't particularly like him, an Ambiguously Gay midget, and a girl who dyes her hair and changes personalities in and out of school. Nothing he can't handle.
Originally intended as a oneshot, the author s planned to make this a minimum of five chapters and a maximum of ten. Only two were ever published
Can be read on Fiction Press here.
- Ahoge: Kintaro has three of them, all sticking out of his forehead.
- Ambiguously Gay: Kintaro.
- Anime Hair
- Bishonen: Quite obvious.
- Big Eater: Takumi. How he's able to eat is a mystery, though.
- Blue Eyes: Kintaro. Towa was supposed to have blue eyes, but they were changed to brown during a rewrite.
- Cute Bookworm: Takumi, whom before heading to Earth usually spent his days studying up on mathematics and human history.
- Does Not Like Shoes: As a ghost, Takumi is barefoot. Word of God says so. His pants are so overly large on him that you can't see normally.
- Fish Out of Water: Take a guess.
- Green Eyes / Kind Red Eyes: As a human, Takumi has green. As a ghost, he has red.
- New Transfer Student
- Open-Minded Parent: Nanami Ishimura has no problem with letting her daughter sleep in the same room as a boy until they get the guest room cleaned out. As there was no fight, her husband probably doesn't either.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Takumi's bangs fall straight in front of his face, so much that you usually can't see both eyes at the same time.
- Punny Name: Takumi is given the surname Hakuba as a human. Both his name kanji and surname kanji are spelled exactly the same. Takumi dreads this.
- Rose-Haired Girl: Makii, though it's just dye.
- Token Non-Human: Again, take a guess.
- Tsundere: Maiko Ishimura, quite obviously.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Takumi, as a ghost.