220.127.116.11 is a British comic-dramatic crime thriller co-directed by Noel Clarke (who also wrote the script and played one of the supporting characters) and Mark Davis. It stars Emma Roberts, Tamsin Egerton, Ophelia Lovibond and Shanika Warren-Marland.
The film follows four young women over three days in London and New York as they try to deal with personal problems and get slightly mixed up in an international diamond heist. Think of it as a British version of Go and you wouldn't be a million miles off.
- Big Applesauce: About a quarter of the film is set in New York. The rest is in London.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Kelly
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- The Cameo: Several, mostly in the New York section (Mandy Patinkin, Eve, Kevin Smith, Alexander Siddig). Noel Clarke, meanwhile, approaches M. Night Shyamalan levels of self-adoration (though at least Shyamalan has yet to appear on any of his films' posters); he plays Emma Roberts' boss and having written the script, he has her describe him as hot ("Strangely sexy though").
- Dawson Casting: It's not clear exactly what age the girls are but since college is mentioned and they all live at home (apart from ultra-rich Cassandra), they are most likely around 18 or 19, which means this trope is mostly averted — except for the 23-year-old Ophelia Lovibond [Shannon] (who ironically looks the youngest of the girls.)
- Fan Service: Shannon has a shower scene (although she's shot from the shoulders up - she's also the only one of the four who doesn't have an underwear scene), Jo appears in a swimming costume and later in her underwear for absolutely no reason other than 'just because', Cassandra lounges in her underwear in her hotel room before having a sex scene, and then there's Kerrys who for various reasons, mainly her long detailed lesbian sex scene that goes on far longer than necessary, is essentially the Ms. Fanservice of the film.
- Fake American: English actress Helen McCrory as Jo's mother.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot
- Hey, It's That Gal!: Addie Singer is ordered around by her tyrannical manager, Mickey Smith, while Chelsea Parker bonds with Silent Bob on a plane to New York to audition for Rube Sofer. Oh, and Nimueh is a diamond thief.
- Lesbian Jock: Kerrys. We don't actually see her play sports, but she's obviously in ridiculously good shape, pulling off moves that would make a Slayer pause.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Kerrys... sort of. Her aggressive personality is more along the lines of a Butch Lesbian but she wears tons of makeup, has long hair and wears very conventionlly sexy clothing. Her girlfriend, on the other hand, is a straight (no pun intended) Lipstick Lesbian.
- No Export for You: Like Emma Roberts' other British movie Wild Child, this never got a theatrical release in the US (and unlike said other movie, it hasn't even gone Direct to DVD).
- Plucky Girl: All four main characters.
- Red Herring: The first time we see Kerrys, she seems downright villainous pulling a gun on Shannon, and the (chronologically earliest) scene establishes her as violent. In fact, she's just doing it because she is trying to stop Shannon from jumping off a bridge, always wanted to order someone down with a gun and is, well, an idiot.
- Simultaneous Arcs
- Spiritual Successor: To Go.
- Twofer Token Minority: Kerrys is black and a lesbian.
- Virginity Makes You Stupid: Cassandra starts out like this.