Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Nine Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by leaving a review. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the review discussion page.
- Recommended by Mokyn
- Known mostly for the heartbreaking stories "She Knew" and its sequel "Fly, Fly Little Wing", Ditto has a style that is a bit stilted if you're not used to it, but still carries the emotions of the stories in a way that is unique. Most of her stories in this fandom are oneshots based off theories before the movie came out, so they do deviate from canon a bit, but are still very worth checking out.
General Fics[edit | hide]
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
9: Genesis by Lily-pily
- Recommended by Deranged Genius
- Synopsis: Set both before and during the main movie, this fan comic creates an AU where three other stitchpunks (created by the Scientist before 9) have joined the main cast and interact with the characters and story.
Colossus by Masako Moonshade
- Recommended by Non Sequitur Metus
- Synopsis: Set after the movie, 9 is sure that his work is not yet done, but in his quest, he attempts the unthinkable.
A Chance to Say Goodbye by Chibijaime (AU, non-canon pairing at the end)
- Recommended by Midoriri
- Synopsis: A post-movie Fix Fic in which 9, after having dreams /visions of 6 telling him that the pieces of a soul have to be together, works with the other three survivors to revive his friends.
Nein by Triple-7
- Recommended by Xiphon III
- Synopsis: from the author's page, "We had such potential...such promise...The REAL story of 9! Rated T for language, Candlejack, Tinker Toy monsters, and a bumbling n00b of a stitchpunk. WARNING: THIS STORY WAS WRITTEN PURELY OUT OF BOREDOM. I am SO going to hell for this."
- Tags: Crack fic, AU fic.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Testament by AlienZombies
- Recommended by Felicite
- Synopsis: In which there is much AU, 2 is Jewish, 7 likes to skateboard, and the 9 crew are modern-age humans.
Zero by spiceXisXnice
- Recommended by ronfan2005
- Synopsis: Zero is the stitchpunk made first, imperfect and broken. But, then again, so is 6. A rare non-Sue OC. Mostly post-story, 6xOC, 5x9.