Starting in late 1998, A-Teens begun as a tribute for following Swedish band, ABBA. Just like the foursome, the group consisted of two males and females, which would later move on to other works. Although not the same level as ABBA, the group did gain some popularly during the Turn of the Millennium.
- Marie Eleonor Serneholt was the oldest in the group, born 11 of July in 1983.
- Amit Sebastian Paul, the older of the two male, born 29 October in 1983, he was born to an Indian chemist and a Swedish woman.
- John "Dhani" Lennevald, the tallest of the group, was born on 24 July in 1984.
- Sara Helena Lumholdt, the youngest and smallest.
- The ABBA Generation (1999)
- Teen Spirit (2001)
- Pop 'til You Drop! (2002) – North American release
- New Arrival (2003) – European released only
- Greatest Hits (2004)
- Beach Episode: "Sugar Rush" takes place at the beach.
- Covered Up: The ABBA Generation, of course
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: At least in the beginning, the "A" means ABBA and the group were teenagers when they started.
- The "A"s in ABBA stood for first names of the female members.
- Expy: Considering their started as an ABBA cover band, it should be obvious when it came to the girls: one blonde (Marie) one brunette (Sara)
- Ironically, Agnetha (blonde) was the younger Anna-Frid (brunette), while Marie was older than Sara. Agnetha was the youngest of ABBA while Marie is the oldest of the A-Teens.
- Gender Equal Ensemble
- High School AU: Their remake of Dancing Queen takes in a high school… a parody of The Breakfast Club.
- Noodle Incident: The reason for being in detention is never revealed.
- Shout-Out: In the video "Super Trouper", a KISS poster is seen in the teenage son’s bedroom.
- Working Class Hero: The group is seen as waiter in the "Mamma Mia" video.
- Up, Up, and Away: In one scene for their video, "(Upside Down) Bouncing Off the Ceiling", Sara is seen mid-air.