A.I.: Artificial Intelligence/Trivia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Author Existence Failure: Fortunately, Spielberg was Kubrick's backup director.
- Doing It for the Art: Jude Law worked with a choreographer for months to nail down Gigolo Joe's dancing and general mannerisms.
- What Could Have Been:
- Stanley Kubrick was the original director, but the film languished in Development Hell until Kubrick died in 1999.
- Gigolo Joe was originally conceived by Kubrick as a GI Mecha, but screenwriter Thomas Watson suggested changing him to a male prostitute.
- Chris Cunningham was originally the special effects supervisor when the project was being developed in the early '90s. None of his work ended up in the final film.