Chyna and Fletcher are Carly and Freddie's original characters transferred to them.[edit | hide | hide all]
As Sam took Freddie for herself, before Freddie was taken over by his love for Sam, He and Carly decided to let go their original characteristics from them and let them be transferred to two children who will be better off with said characteristics. Thus, Chyna and Fletcher were the only recipients of these "lost" identities and because of this they were admitted to the ANT program and met on that day Chyna enrolled in the program.
Also, these two have the same 1st letter in their names (Chyna = Carly, Fletcher = Freddie), so it was just fitting for them to receive their new identities.
- Just ask yourself this, who is more of a wimp, Freddie or Fletcher, regardless of who you choose, the point is they both are cut from the same wuss cloth. Not saying its good or bad thing. But evidence of this WMG. His similarities are obvious ones, while Chyna's to Carly aren't as in your face, but they are there. Mileage Varies, not necessarily a bad thing.
The Flyna ship is Dan Signer's last minute addition as a Flipping the Bird Take That to iCarly's Seddie Ship.[edit | hide]
Seeing the bad effects of Seddie on young viewers and thinking ahead of time, Signer knew that if ever Seddie would happen on said show, he made sure:
- That Chyna's friend will not be the abusive kind but more like a homage to Lilly Truscott.
- That Fletcher has Freddie's trait which would later become a more, respectful version of him like when Freddie stopped the stalker behavior in the 2nd part of Season 2.
- That Chyna will be a bit like Carly in many aspects alongside Chyna's musical ability.
- He isn't smart, but he isn't that dumb, to not realize it was a cat.
- He kept ignoring Lexi's accusations.
- He and Cameron acknowledge that a cat as present at the show.
- But most importantly, when Cameron told Gibson about his problem and said that he needs a way to make $250. Gibson mentions how the Dog Show pays $300 to the winner but says that is more than Cameron needs. Cameron being the idiot that he is, says if he wins he will pay back Chyna the $250 and throw away the extra $50. Gibson realizes that if Cameron wins, he can pocket the extra $50.