< ABBAJump to navigation Jump to search
- "The Winner Takes It All" might be one of the saddest pop songs ever. Even worse is Meryl Streep's version in Mamma Mia!!. Saddest. Lost. Love. Song. EVER.
- Also, "Cassandra."
- And "Fernando", once you read the lyrics.
- "Slipping Through My Fingers", to name yet another. Bjorn wrote it after realizing he (and his ex-wife Agnetha, who sings the song) missed out on his daughter's childhood by being so career-obsessed. It can bring mothers and daughters alike to tears, as the latter is leaving childhood behind.
- It's also kind of hard to keep a dry eye through "SOS".
- "One Of Us" can be added to the list of unbearable ABBA songs.
- Their incomplete mini-musical, "The Girl with the Golden Hair", turns into one of these when combined with the fan theory that it's based on Agnetha's life.
- "Chiquitita", that is all. Have fun.