< ACDCJump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Crowning Moment Of Awesome
- Broken Base: While Back in Black is universally loved, there's always a Scott vs. Johnson feud in the fandom.
- Crazy Awesome: In live concerts, when they play Hell's Bells, Brian Johnson will swing from the bell that gets lowered onto stage upside down.
- Ending every show with a literal 21-gun salute in "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" might qualify as well.
- Ear Worm: Many songs, specially because of their repeating choruses and Epic Riffs. "Back in Black", "Highway to Hell", "It's a Long Way to the Top" and "Thunderstruck" withstanding.
- Epic Riff: "Back in Black", "Thunderstruck", "It's A Long Way To The Top", "Mistress for Christmas", "Hells Bells", "Jailbreak"... seriously, every song may qualify.
- Jumped the Shark: many people have commented that the band haven't been good since Back in Black and are now just repeating their formula. Rolling Stone said in its review of Flick of the Switch that "the band has managed to make the same album nine times".
- Angus Young's retort to the above statement was "I thought it was ten times?"
- Re-grew The Beard: They had a big comeback with the great The Razor's Edge in the '90s. The album produced some of their famous songs (like "Thunderstruck"), its follow-ups Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip were fairly well recieved, and 2008's Black Ice got critical acclaim and was that year's second best selling album.
- Ask others and they'll tell you in no uncertain terms that AC/DC never lost the beard to begin with. Granted, they might have trimmed it a bit, but they never lost it.