< AIRJump to navigation Jump to search
The Visual Novel and Anime:[edit | hide | hide all]
- Complete Monster: You wouldn't think that Buddhist Monks would be capable of this, but just read the Moral Event Horizon they performed down this screen. It becomes worse when you find out they get away with this.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The final story arc, in which Haruko and her little girl were closer to each other for one summer than most mother and daughter will be in a lifetime, culminating with Misuzu's heartfelt farewell for her.In particular, when Misuzu shouts "Mama" as she regains her memories.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Summer Lights the calming, peaceful piano song that plays when Misuzu first shows up
- Within the Japanese otaku-dom, Tori no Uta ("Bird's Poem", or "Bird's Song") is often hailed as the anthem of anime/manga culture.
- Harsher in Hindsight: As of late-2011 Kawakami Tomoko, the voice of Misuzu, has passed away of ovarian-cancer, making any future viewing of the final episodes of Air doubly more painful and sad.
- It Was His Sled: Misuzu dies.
- Moe: Par for the course.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Buddhist Monks crossed this line when they placed a curse on the Kannabi No Mikoto that extends to the next lives which is pretty much "If you fall in love, you die". Because she left the temple she was supposed to guard just so she can see her mother.
- Oh, and killing her to top it off as well.
- You know that tearjerker below? They caused that. That's how far they went with just one action a thousand years in the past.
- Tear Jerker: "Goal."
- The scene on the beach where Misuzu runs towards Haruko while shouting "mama!" also counts.
- The Scrappy: The Monks, for a damned good reason.