A Bridge Too Far/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Crowning Moment of Awesome - James Caan, convincing an army surgeon to examine his commanding officer (whom the surgeon dismisses as dead). "Would you look at him please, sir? [draws pistol] Right now. Or I'll blow your fuckin' head off."
- In case any bets need to be settled, this actually happened.
- "I'm sorry, we'd like to accept your surrender, but we haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner."
- Crowning Moment of Funny - When, during a truce, the Germans ask Colonel Frost if he'd be willing to discuss terms for surrender. (The Germans have them completely surrounded at this point.) Frost's adjutant refuses by telling them that he doesn't have any facilities to accept their surrender. (This particular scene is fiction, it didn't happen in Real Life.)
- Also the scene in Field Marshal Model's HQ.
Adjutant: "British paratroopers have landed three kilometers from here!"
- In real life, Model did confuse the landing forces for commandos out to capture him.
- Tear Jerker - Plenty, particularly the scene at the end where the injured soldiers sing "Abide With Me" as they wait for the Germans to take them prisoner.