A British Werewolf in Danville
The story follows Phineas, Ferb, and his friends on Halloween night. In a true Phineas-andFerb fashion, Ferb is given , as they think, the coolest costume in history by being transformed by genetic engineering into a 200-pound green werewolf. Unfortunately, Ferb looses his mind shortly after Trick-or-Treating is over and begins to attack. Using Jessie's cleverness, Candace's strength, and Perry's venom, the gang tries to turn Ferb back to normal.
Its reviews have been almost universally positive, some even considering it one of the best fics ever written for the franchise.
- Action Dress Rip: Jessie tears the hem of her dress to run from the werewolf.
- Adults Are Useless: Major Monogram, literally the only adult who gets any screen time in this story, is the complete opposite of helpful.
- Becoming the Costume: One of the most literal examples in history.
- Big Badass Wolf: Were Ferb, once he looses his mind.
- Silly fool, that's not how you spell Were Candace
- Big Friendly Dog: Were Ferb, before he looses his mind.
- And after he becomes sane again.
- Big No: Phineas lets one out when his brother falls off the edge of the multi-level parking lot.
- Darker and Edgier
- Deadpan Snarker: Baljeet gets this gem:
Baljeet: "Um, yes. Why do I need to go with Buford?"
Phineas: "Because Buford needs you for his costume."
Baljeet: "Oh, goody, I cannot wait..."
- Death Glare: Baljeet receives one from Buford after questioning why he must look for costume supplies with him.
- Disney Death: Candace
- Genre Savvy: Jessie is the only one who questions the rationality and safety of Ferb's costume. Phineas puts it out of her mind quickly, though.
- Girliness Upgrade: Jessie gets one, though according to her it's only because "It's a special night".
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Jessie's got 'em. And it saves all the character's lives.
- Little No
- Mood Whiplash: Things go from perfectly happy to entirely terrifying for the characters quite abruptly in Chapter 4.
- Mutagenic Goo
- Noodle Incident: Okay, is there ever going to be a Halloween where I can trick or treat and not have to run for my life half the time?
- Which, after the canon episode "That's the Spirit", kinda makes sense.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: When Candace protected Phineas from Ferb as a Werewolf.
Candace: "If anybody’s gonna hurt this kid, it’s me!"
- Original Character: Jessie, Ferb's twin sister.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: And how...
- Painful Transformation: Turning into a Werewolf doesn't seem to hurt, but turning into a deadly, bloodthirsty one does.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Jessie's change into her Repunzel costume is described like this.
- Shout-Out: Several:
- Tempting Fate: Oh man, they were just begging for Ferb's costume to go wrong...
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Doesn't happen immediately, but yes.
- It did for Were Candace.
- Too Dumb To Ensure The Survival Of Seven Innocent Children: Major Monogram. He is no help at all in taking care of the werewolves.
- Twin Telepathy: Ferb and Jessie. Justified by the fact that they have alien blood in their family.
- Viral Transformation
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: It's the title of Chapter 2.