A Bug's Life/Funny
- Slim's Butt Monkey status as a prop. This is partly funny because his voice actor, David Hyde Pierce, plays an important role in the popular sitcom Frasier, and Slim has quite a lot of lines in the movie, but in character he always gets lousy parts.
P.T. Flea: "You're a walking stick. IT'S FUNNY! NOW GO!"
- "My sword!" "Swish swish. Clang clang."
- Francis provides a lot of funny with his short temper.
Slim: (holding Francis to one side, admonishing some flies) "That's no way to speak to a lady."
- When Flik bursts in on the 'hospital' scene with the entire circus troupe there. It's the contrast between how Flik's so excited with his Eureka Moment, while Francis is (almost casually) making a statement that makes this so funny.
Flik: "Hopper's afraid of birds!"
- "Pretend that that's a seed." "...but it's a rock." "I KNOW IT'S A ROCK! YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW A ROCK WHEN I SEE A ROCK?! I SPEND A LOTTA TIME AROUND ROCKS!"
- Hopper telling Molt, "I swear... if I hadn't promised Mother on her deathbed that I wouldn't kill you... I would kill you!"
- "Oh, you shoulda seen it! This bluejay -- he has him halfway down his throat, okay? And Hopper -- Hopper's kickin' and screamin', okay?..."
- Immediately after Hopper's "I would kill you" line....
Molt: And nobody's more grateful for that than me!
- Flik telling the circus bugs to squish him and get it over with.
- FLAMING DEATH!
"Burn 'im again!"
- The reaction of the Circus Bugs when they realize they're supposed to fight the grasshoppers and go out in a Heroic Sacrifice.
"We drew one of you dying because our teacher said it would be more dramatic!"
- When Heimlich turns into a butterfly: "I'm finished! Finally, I'm a beautiful butterfly!" Then he emerges and looks exactly the same...just with a slightly different color, and itty-bitty wings.
- "And from way up here, you all look like little ants!"
- The Hilarious Outtakes. All of them.
Hopper: Are you saying that I'm stupid?
- "I'm...the only...stick...with....eyeballs!"
- Tuck and Roll are always funny, but plucking one of Hopper's antennae made me split my sides with laughter when I was 10 and it still does.
- When Flik first enters the bar, a fly can be heard yelling "Hey waiter, I'm in my soup!"
- "Must be an Ant thing." ... "Must be a circus thing."
- "P.T., look! MONEY!"
- Dot taunting Thumper, prompting him to roar at her, and then Dim shows up, roars and scares him off.
- By way of Crossing the Line Twice, Hopper's death scene, Gory Discretion Shot and all.
- Back to A Bug's Life