A Bug's Life/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Awesome Music: Randy Newman's Copland-esque score is fit for an epic of miniature proportions.
- Ear Worm: The little flute-sounding song that some ants are performing for the circus bugs.
- Foe Yay Shipping: Hopper and Flik. Some people couldn't explain why they kept watching their No-Holds-Barred Beatdown scene repeatedly when they were children, they sure can as they got older.
- Genius Bonus: Those familiar with black widow spider mating habits might view some of Rosie's lines in a different light. See also Getting Crap Past the Radar.
- Moral Event Horizon: He had been extorting food from the ants for years, but Hopper crosses this when he decides he's going to murder the queen.
- Needs More Love: In the Pixar Canon, this film seems to be the most forgotten.
- In the documentary The Pixar Story John Lasseter, and many of the other animators give off a sense that this movie is an Old Shame. One of the animators explained that they spent more time trying to make the movie better than Toy Story, instead of simply trying to make the film good in its own right.
- It worked out in the end, despite a couple of cold hard truths. This particular movie is very touching.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Francis
- What Do You Mean It's Not Political?: Hopper's speech about "keeping those ants in line." It's been regarded as a metaphor for everything from the distribution of wealth to the alleged "New World Order."
- The Woobie: Flik.
- Back to A Bug's Life