A Certain Magical Index/Heartwarming
- Volume 1:
- Many of the things Touma says to Index:
Wait until your head stops hurting, and then I'll definitely knock down those bastards and liberate you.
Wait until my summer classes are finished, and then we’ll go to the beach and play together.
When summer ends, would you like to transfer into our school?
We definitely will create many more memories.
- In episode 6, when Touma pretends his memory loss was a joke because he doesn't want to see Index cry. He has no idea who this girl is, doesn't know anything whatsoever, but he's still Touma.
- Also a Tear Jerker. "Touma... don't you remember? Index... Index... loved you, Touma..."
- After Aureolus Izzard has been defeated, Touma says that despite his murderous agenda, he still had enough decency and humanity not to use his Reality Warper powers to force Index to love him.
- Stiyl giving Izzard a new face and identity, so the now powerless and amnesiac alchemist won't be hunted down and killed by the Roman Catholic Church.
- Misaka 10032 questions why Touma is trying to save her, since she's just a clone and there are roughly 9000 more for her. Touma answers that, even if she's a clone, she's the only Misaka 10032 in the world. She is unique and can never be replaced.
- When her cat licks her, causing her to smile.
- Even though the Angel Fall arc is a marathon of Crowning Moment of Funny, there's Touma meeting his father for (from Touma's perspective) the first time, and Touma finding the picture of his family and finally learning what his mother looks like.
- In episodes 19 and 20 when Accelerator takes a bullet to the head to save Last Order. Even if it doesn't redeem him.
- Episode 24, despite learning that Hyouka isn't human, Index still loves her as she's still her best friend no matter what.
- The final episode of season 2. Last Order wakes up in the hospital and asks "Where is he [Accelerator]?" After the frog-faced doctor's reply of he'll be back soon, she nods and says "Okay, Misaka wants to see him soon," before going back to sleep. An incredibly cute end to an action filled season.
- Volume 15: Yomikawa talking Accelerator out of killing Kakine, saying that no matter how dark and cold his world is, she will drag him out of it, because to her he isn't a monster, just a child that needs her help. Even Accelerator himself was stunned when she succeeded. Of course right then Kakine stabbed Yomikawa with his wings, wich made Accelerator fly into Unstoppable Rage coupled with Despair Event Horizon. And then Last Order appeared and stopped him with a Cooldown Hug, just like that, because she knew he would never hurt her.
- Volume 21: Shiage talks Acqua of the Back out of suicide and convinces him to keep fighting.
- In the same novel, everything that the Pope does.
- Volume 22: After 3 volumes of desperate searching for a way to save Last Order, Accelerator finally saves her using magic, and the first thing he does is embracing her tightly and saying "...Damn it, thank you... thank God...!!" Both of those are the last things one would expect Accelerator to do, but it just shows how important Last Order is for him, and it just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- Shizuri calling Academy City out when she finds out that in the past they denied Shiage funds and basically forced him into the streets just because he was a Level 0 and assumed he was worthless. He may be a Level 0, but he was her greatest opponent, had earned her respect, and she's in love with him. Also, Shiage bringing Mugino back to sanity, forgiving her, and promising to help her reform ITEM.
- New Testament Volume 2: Mikoto holding Touma's hand and telling him he is not alone.
- New Testament Volume 6:
- Shizuri declares that her love for Shiage is a strength, not a weakness.
- After being cured of her Horror Hunger, Fraulein Kreutune doesn't think that she deserves to be Last Order and Fremea's friend. The two girls prove her wrong with a hug.
- New Testament Volume 8:
- During the fighting, Touma receives a call from his mother, telling him not to worry about her.
- After repeatedly trying to solve things on his own, Touma finally asks others for help. Index and Mikoto find it satisfying to be relied upon.
- New Testament Volume 9:
- Despite Othinus altering the entire world so that everyone sees someone else as Touma, Touma declares that it doesn't matter. He can always form new relationships with them.
- The Will of the Misaka Network manages to convince Touma that he shouldn't give up, that he should keep fighting. She points out that, after all this time fighting for others, it's fine to fight for himself.
- After being fatally wounded, Touma accepts his seemingly-inevitable death. He tells Othinus to use Imagine Breaker better than he did, to restore her original world.
- Othinus realizes that Touma had come to understand her - something she was after all along. She heals his body and restores his world instead of hers.
- After returning to his original world, Touma decides that he can't leave Othinus to die. Knowing perfectly well what it's like to be hated by the entire world, he decides to stand with her.
- New Testament Volume 10:
- Despite having no idea of the circumstances behind it, Accelerator immediately throws his lot in with Touma once he hears about the situation.
- Similarly, Agnese, Kaori, the US commandos and their president, Mikoto, Index and Leivinia hold back to prevent Touma dying, and side with him once he explains the situation.
- Like the collective consciousness of her sisters, Mikoto points out the flaws in a so-called perfect world, and tells Touma that it's fine to want to be in this one.
- New Testament Volume 11: When Misaki was targeted by an anti-esper gang, Touma protected her, despite his power being useless against them. When it's pointed out that Misaki may have influenced him into helping her (intentionally or otherwise), he retorts that it doesn't matter.
- New Testament Volume 12: Despite being dead, Frenda manages to reassure Shinka and convince him not to lose himself in revenge. Touma throws a watch at Shinka, one that Frenda had bought as a gift. It has a recording of Frenda's voice, telling Shinka that his compassion is the best thing about him.
- New Testament Volume 13: When Mikoto is being put down by the High Priest, who claims she's just a burden, Touma refuses to have any of it. He points out that she was the one who was by this side all this time and gave him the strength to keep fighting.
- New Testament Volume 14:
- Kakeru's reassurance of Patricia. He points out that her immunity to World Rejector means she must have an unwavering heart, and declares that he'll help her.
- Nepthys deciding to do something worthy of a god, sacrificing the remnants of her existence (in this world) to save Patricia.
- New Testament Volume 18: For all of his reputation as an enigmatic Chessmaster, this volume shows that Aleister truly loved his daughter Lilith.