A Christmas Carol/Trivia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hey, It's That Voice!: In the 2009 adaptation, Westley is collecting alms for the poor, Jenny is Scrooge's love interest, Mr. Darcy is Scrooge's nephew, and Commissioner Gordon has a son named Tiny Tim and a daughter who is Alexis Castle. And of course, Scrooge is voiced by none other than the Grinch!
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- 2009 version: Doesn't Scrooge's rich nephew look and sound a LOT like the Cedric?? Why, hello, Colin Firth. You were turned into CGI EXTREMELY well.
- And in the 1999 TV version, Scrooge is Captain Jean-Luc Picard (of the USS Enterprise).
- And in the 1984 TV version, he's General George S. Patton.
- And in the 1970 musical adaptation, Jacob Marley is Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- And Scrooge was played by the dad from Big Fish, the younger version of whom was Ewan Mcgregor. So he's played young versions of both the Scrooge and Marley of this version.
- And in the 1951 version, young Jacob Marley is John Steed.
- In the 2004 musical, Scrooge and Marley are Frasier Crane and George Castanza, respectively. Bonus points for airing on NBC and the affiliated USA Network.
- Memetic Mutation: This book is where we get the phrases "Merry Christmas" and "Bah, humbug", as well as people thinking that humbug is a term of derision.