A Clockwork Orange (film)/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Adaptation Displacement: Far more people have seen the (rather faithfully adapted) film than have read the book.
- Award Snub: How the hell wasn't McDowell nominated for this?! It's a sin! It's a sin!
- Complete Monster: In the movie, Alex double subverts the trope, ending it as totally irredeemable. He reforms in the book.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Wendy Carlos' score, particularly her rendition of Purcell's "Music For the Funeral For Queen Mary", which can be considered the unofficial theme music for the movie. And that's not to mention Rossini and our old friend, Ludwig van.
- Fountain of Memes: Alex and his droogs' attire in the first act of the film, the various scenes (the intro, the Power Walk at the marina and the Ludivico Treatment) parodied and paid homage to in other works, and just about everything that comes out of Alex's mouth.