A Fool Named Fortune/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Crazy Awesome: Most of Roy's strategies, both solo and for teamwork, are this. Roy actually encourages the team to embrace these types of attacks towards the end of the story.
- Gary Stu: A case could be made for Roy, given all of his abilities (and that includes everyday abilities), and the fact that he just about never loses arguments. Though some of it is justified if given that he is based off of an OC Stand-In with canon incredible power potential, and operates on Rule of Cool.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks: A few people were less than thrilled over his treatment of Yukari in the stories.
- Iron Woobie: Despite being a tough guy, Roy's had to deal with some tough stuff when he was young. Then there's when Shade preys on Roy's fear: That his friends (Social Links) only think of him as an emotional crutch and don't truly care for him.
- Moe: Roy often takes note that he considers Aigis to be cute. He also has the Big Brother Instinct for various other females.
- Narm: During the Perspective Flip chapter, Ryoji describes one of Roy and Shade's wrathful attacks as "fist-bumping through his body".
- Nausea Fuel: Jin's death in the third-to-last chapter was pretty brutal.
- The Scrappy: Roy (and the author) is not fond of Yukari, and it shows. Same for Ryoji.
- Shocking Swerve: As of Chapter 47, Shinjiro is back in action.
- Tear Jerker: When Roy describes the detail of his parents' deaths, as well as when he tells the Reaper about his cousin's death.