A Game of Universe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Eric Nylund's Cyberpunkish novel about a mage assassin with multiple personalities.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
Tropes used in A Game of Universe include:
- Celestial Deadline: The contract with the devil has a loophole: One year before it runs out, 13 heroes can be recruited to find the holy grail. If they find it before the contract runs out, the contract is nullified.
- Deal with the Devil
- Deflector Shields
- Faster-Than-Light Travel: They use some odd system where they can travel faster than light but relativity still applies.
- Freudian Excuse
- God Was My Co-Pilot: Setebos, the Angel AI.
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Are the other personalities magically created or is Germain nuts?
- Journey to the Center of the Mind
- Meaningful Name: Morning Star (Lucifer)
- Mega Corp: Morning Star, again.
- Mental Time Travel: Germain's seven second trip.
- Murder, Inc.: Umbra Corp.
- Public Domain Artifact: The big one: The Holy Grail
- Reset Button
- Religion Is Magic
- Ripple-Effect-Proof Memory: Averted, Germain has no idea history is being altered.
- Sharing a Body
- Starfish Aliens: One alien is a hive of beetles.
- The Syndicate: Umbra Corp.
- The Worm That Walks
- Timed Mission: One year.
- To Hell and Back