A Mad Tea Party
A Mad Tea-Party by Jonathon Dalton is the story of Connie and Matilda, two girls whose parents are genetically engineered super-soldiers (in retirement). As soon as they leave their isolated community, they are faced with groups of revolutionary teenagers who hate them, an alien assassin, and the political fallout from a war between Earth and giant alien robots. Also there is tea.
- Fantastic Racism: Humanity is united at last, but there sure is a lot of racism against aliens and genetically engineered people.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Connie and Matilda, the two main characters, have inherited some but not all of their parents' genetically enhanced abilities.
- Robot War: Earth fought a war against giant alien robots a generation before the story starts, which we apparently won.
- Fantastic Slurs: Genetically engineered people are derisively labeled "Genie."
- Organic Technology: Earth's genetically engineered super-soldiers have organic weapons to use against alien robots.
- Everything Is an iPod In The Future: 200 years in the future, there are ipad-like things for breaking into cars and checking medical files on the internet.
- The Alliance: Earth's ramshackle governments team up with some aliens to fight the giant alien robots.