A Magical Roommate/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Archive Binge: Now completed at 2080 strips and 20 epilogues.
- Complete Monster: Alassa.
- Crazy Awesome: While many of the characters qualify for this position, X definitely takes the cake.
- Crowning Moment of Funny:
Daria: And, and, this one's for X! It's a sarcasm exploding machine! It blows up whenever people nearby say sarcastic things!
- Fanon: It has been suggested that Alassa magically dyes her hair. The author's response was remarkably ambivalent.
- Well, she did change hair color halfway through the strip in which she first appeared...
- Fridge Brilliance: How did X get into the wizarding school as a fairy without the board looking too closely at her cover? Because she's the Child of Prophecy, so she had to get in.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: When Jenny first meets Albert, she says that him being Aylia's cousin is better than him being X's. Aylia, Albert and X are all cousins.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- See the incident between Alassa and her pseudo-boyfriend.
- Also, the mentioned scene when Aylia turned ten: at her birthday party, Alassa destroyed all her presents because they were Aylia's and not hers.
- Nightmare Fuel: A boy tentatively mentions marriage to Alassa, which, given that they're technically dating, is understandable. Alassa then transforms the boy into a rat, does not place any protective charms on him, and basically begins calling "Here, kitty, kitty!" It's a good thing the queen was paying attention...
- "[It's not murder] if he's a rat at the time and there's no proof he used to be a human." Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
- Aylia actually did the same thing to her fiance. Of course, the prince in question had just flatly stated that he expected her to give up all of her own interests and copy his, and she probably just brought up the concept of cats to make him want to break the engagement once he changed back, as Aylia didn't want a boyfriend at all, much less a fiance arbitrarily selected by her insane mother. Bobby's comment was much more innocent, and Alassa was serious.
- It actually gets worse- usually, shapeshifting magic has built-in protective charms so that the shifted person will be unharmed while changed. Aylia, who only shifted people as pranks, always kept the protection charms in, Alassa, who intended to kill him, left them out on purpose.
- In an early strip, Alassa turns up in Aylia's dorm and announces that she wants a familiar. Aylia asks what it has to do with her, and Alassa reminds her that their father has a mirror that turns humans into cats... Thankfully, nothing actually happens.