A Party - Also Known as an Orgy
For fictional people past puberty, any wild party with both genders, teen or otherwise, is all about one thing: getting it on. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on many factors. Although one absolute in fiction is that if it's a teenage girl going, and you're her guardian, it's always a bad thing.
If it's planned and advertised as an orgy, it doesn't count.
- Issue 5 of Associated Student Bodies ends with the annual New Year's Eve party, which is very intentionally one of these.
- The Trope Namer is 10 Things I Hate About You, when Mr. Stratford hears that Bianca is going to one.
- Although the party in PCU didn't end up like this, it was advertised as such because of this trope.
- In Can't Hardly Wait, one of the guys goes to the party just to lose his virginity.
- Spoofed in Not Another Teen Movie.
- Most of the parties in the American Pie series.
- The Genre Savvy teenagers of Cherry Falls host just such a party to escape a serial killer targeting virgins.
- In Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise they advertise their party by altering the neon sign of "Hotel Coral Essex" to read "Hot oral sex".
- In The Beach Girls a no holds barred sex, drugs and alcohol orgy is followed by a pot party/sex orgy at Uncle Carl's house at Paradise Beach over Memorial Day weekend.
- In Rockstar the after party following a Steel Dragon concert really does turn into an orgy. The film features an amusing "morning after" scene where the protagonist rolls out of bed, leaves the bedroom, and finds literally dozens of naked people passed out on the floor of his hotel suite.
- Velvet Goldmine - innocent new wardrobe mistress Shannon is led by Jerry De Vine into a distinctly uninhibited party of stars and crew, all laying about on floor cushions.
- Animal House references the trope. After the fraternity decides to have a toga party, one of the brothers is shown vehemently explaining to his girlfriend, "It's not going to be an orgy!"
- In Stephen King's The Stand, Larry Underwood throws a party at a beach house after hitting the big time with his single, "Baby Can You Dig Your Man." This party goes on for a few days, and the narration mentions that something that sounds like an orgy is happening in the basement.
- One of the many, many parties in Bret Easton Ellis' The Rules of Attraction is "The Dress to Get Screwed Party".
- In Kushiel's Dart, Melisande hires an entire brothel (a high-class establishment practicing one of the most honoured professions in that particular culture, but still a brothel) as the setting for her lover Prince Baudoin's birthday party. Longest Night parties, for courtesans, are similar.
- in Michael Swanwick's Bones Of The Earth, a party among a group of researchers turns into this, thanks to alcohol and triceratops mating displays. Long story.
- By all appearances, Lord Iron's soirées at his city mansion in "The Cambist and Lord Iron" meet this description.
- In the chronologically first novel, Driz'zt and some other recruits at the academy are ordered to participate in the initiation rite of new young priestesses. Having completely different morals than the rest of drow society, he is seriously freaked out when he realizes what kind of ceremony it is and for what kind of "assistance" the male recruits were needed.
- The first episode of Skins is about Sid trying to lose his virginity at a party, and pretty much every party in that series features rampant drug use and sex.
- In City of Men, 'funk dances' are a prime location for making out and hooking up.
- Crews and Reese crash one of these in the Life episode "Dig a Hole," hosted by two computer-nerds-made-rich.
- Inverted on Degrassi the Next Generation: A party actually interferes with Emma and Sean having sex. Especially when one of the guests dies.
- Spoofed in german sketch-comedy Switch Reloaded, which had a skit where there was a comercial for a broom with spikes at the end for poking such guests in the heels to bring them to leave.
- True Blood had Maryann parties; parties also known as incredible orgies in the middle of the forest. Incredible orgies used as a tribute to Dionysus that turn humans crazy
- Since Jesse can't stand being alone for more than a few hours, there's one going on at his house throughout the first half of the fourth season of Breaking Bad.
- In a second season episode of Party Down, the company is unknowingly hired to cater a party that is meant to be one of these. The invitation was so badly worded that none of the guests realized it, either.
- Really, there's too many music videos to list.
- The parties of the Val'Sullisin'rune clan in Drowtales often turn into this. But given the cultural sensibilities of the Drow this isn't seen as a negative, and the parties are generally a fun time for all.
- In Futurama, Hedonism-bot has a party that is basically an orgy, except then almost everyone there gets blown up.
Hedonism-bot: Everywhere I looked, there were piles of bodies... and then the explosion struck! Ah ha ha ha! Oh hoo hoo...
- An example from Regular Show (hey, it is meant for teens...kinda):
Benson: It's almost 8 o'clock. Kill the lights!
Muscle Man: (unzipping noises) Woohoo! Skips is going to be totally surprised when he walks in and sees us totally naked!
Benson: ...it's not that kind of party, Muscle Man.