A View to a Kill/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Awesome Music: Duran Duran's opening song is the only 007 song to make it to #1 on the charts.
- Breakaway Pop Hit: The above song is still a permanent fixture in Duran Duran's set list over twenty years later, despite the film being widely considered one of he worst of the series.
- Complete Monster: Max Zorin - he has not only no hesitation to kill people, but he enjoys it too. He even machine guns his own men to death, laughing as he does so.
- Damsel Scrappy: Stacy "James, HELLLLLPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" Sutton fails to notice Zorin sneaking up behind her. In a ZEPPELIN.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Zorin and May Day are almost unanimously agreed to be the two best things about this movie, stealing the show from Bond and Stacy. This must have been discovered early on, since Grace Jones was given higher billing than Tanya Roberts.
- Les Yay: May Day took Zorin killing her henchgirls very personally.
- Magnificent Bastard: Christopher Walken's portrayal of Zorin is really the only reason to watch this movie.
- Recycled Script: The story looks a lot like Goldfinger
- Zorin illustrating his plan with a miniature model to his criminal investors is a dead giveaway.
- Sequelitis: Widely considered one of the worst Bond films, with Roger Moore's advanced age being one of the most frequent criticisms (even Moore himself thought he should have been replaced with a younger actor at least two films ago).
- So Bad It's Good
- Special Effect Failure: The title sequence: It's painful to watch the animation from the mid-80s if you know how beautiful those from the 70s were
- "Oh, hello Mr Maurice Binder, creator of all Bond title sequences before. Look, we've brought you a new machine we like to call a com-pu-ter. We want you to do the title sequence with it. And we need it by tomorrow."