A World of Laughter, A World of Tears/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: this Post showing the author was still around, and did not consider the project dead.
- And then it returned.
- Complete Monster: Rockwell. Although his time of relevance is pretty short, Governor Smathers gets this for the sheer brutality of the methods he uses on the black community in Tampa.
- Not to mention that Rockwell is a Neo-Nazi who in real life openly talked about his dream of turning America into a Nazi state free of corrupt Communist jews. Hmmmmmmmm.....where have we heard that before?
- Crack Pairing: Orson Welles and Vampira. No, really.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Due to the Mickey Mouse Club strangling Hollywood, both Orson Welles and Ed Wood retreat to France. The two happen to meet, and Ed Wood gets the opportunity to work with his idol... something that (an apocryphal scene in his biopic aside) never happened in our timeline.
- Also, Pat Brown's speech to his son Jerry after resigning the governorship of California.
- Marty Stu: After many people wondered the Real Life identity of Beano, stat claimed he "is, as a poster from Othertimelines once said, "a Maynard G. Stu". " He remains the only recurring original character.
- Magnificent Bastard: Roy Cohn. Especially following his takedown of Rockwell at the 1960 GOP Convention. Before his long Even Evil Has Standards arc with Rockwell, he was bordering on Complete Monster,
- Moral Event Horizon: A large group of white protesters rips one of the Little Rock Nine into pieces...literally. After that, many African-Americans see white society as well beyond this point.
- Tear Jerker: No matter what Disney's actions, James Dodd's eulogy/tribute to him will have you choking back tears. Not helped by the fact statichoas linked to this video. Made worse by the fact that it ends on Jimmie Dodd, who functions as The Woobie for this story smiling and saying goodbye. Statichaos, you bastard.
- What Do You Mean It's Not for Kids?: Disney as President? Can't be that bad... wait, why is the Mickey Mouse Club turning into the Hitler Youth?
- The Woobie: Beano, after he gets locked in a government-run " insane asylum" for political dissidents, where LSD is used on him.