< AbaratJump to navigation Jump to search
- Angel-Devil Shipping: What Christopher Carrion and Princess Boa would've been, if she had accepted him. Since Carrion is from the lands of Night, and Boa was from the Day, it also would've brought peace to the warring kingdoms.
- Ass Pull: Geshrats can survive beheading. Nobody's complaining, mind you.
- Badass Decay: Houlihan in book 2.
- Complete Monster: Mater Motley, Kasper Wolfswinkel.
- Bill Quackenbush was abusive and cruel in the first two novels, but as of Absolute Midnight he has turned into a Complete Monster who is willing to murder his family if they cross him.
- Come for the X, Stay for the Y: Come to see if Clive Barker can pull off YA fiction. Stay because Clive Barker can pull off YA fiction!
- Come for the beautiful illustrations. Stay for the masterful poetry.
- What Do You Mean It's for Kids?: This series is dark. It's also aimed mostly at a young demographic. To add to the... confusion? Amusement? Disney actually bought up the movie (and a bunch of other!) rights before the first book was even published.
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Also spreads to some of the paintings.