Abomination: The Nemesis Project
(Redirected from Abomination the Nemesis Project)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Abomination: The Nemesis Project is a 1999 Real Time Strategy/Action game. The game is a Spiritual Successor to the X-COM series, but is far more action packed. Also, instead of fighting an Alien Invasion, the player fights The Virus.
Tropes used in Abomination: The Nemesis Project include:
- Apathetic Citizens: The civilians don't seem to mind the fact that you are fighting a giant mutant plasma crab, they are too busy walking in front of it.
- Earliest example you see is when the cultists are cornering citizens and killing them. After you have killed the cultists, you can see the surviving ones casually keep walking like nothing has happened.
- AKA-47: Subverted. Most weapons featured keep their real names.
- Artificial Stupidity
- Your "agents" sometimes downright refuse to do what you command them to do. Like retreating when faced with a dozen well-armed mooks.
- Sometimes when throwing grenade, they don't mind a grenade hitting an obstacle and bounce back in their face.
- The enemies are not much better. Enemies happily runs in to other's line of fire, sometimes take a rocket to their back, killing themselves and the one who fires, or burn themselves to death with their buddy's flame thrower.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: When shot at, they explode and kill things in the blast radius.
- Hollywood Silencer: The massive Barret M 82 A 1 sniper rifle only makes a standard Hollywood "pfft" sound when fired, making it the quietest of all rifles.
- Hive Mind: The Brood seems to be this.
- Ludicrous Gibs: You can turn enemies into this even without explosive weapons.
- Organic Technology
- Police Are Useless: A few cops try to help you and they do a good job when you're fighting cultists but once the creatures start to appear chances are you'll only meet their dead bodies.
- Religion of Evil: The cultists.
- Super Soldiers: You control a squad of these.
- The Virus: Obviously.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Has shades of this despite the monsters being very different from common zombies most of the time.