Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Saffron; some see her as a figure who stays with her abusive mother not out of one-sided love but due to a fear of going it alone in the world and opting to take her mother's abuse in exchange for Edina supporting her financially.
- Although she did move out for a while against her mother's wishes, and it is later revealed that she is legally the owner of Edina's incredibly expensive house.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The finale from 2005, which has Saffron revealing that she is the true owner of the house and kicks her evil mother and Patsy out on their asses after Edina strikes Saffron's daughter. The look on Edina's face as she realizes that she's completely fucked due to her impulsive action is a great final moment for the series.
- Not to mention Saffy physically throwing Patsy out of the house.
- Edina deserves the award for World's Most Neglectful Parent, but when she learns that the professor trying to con her daughter out of her virginity is married with kids, Eddy doesn't even miss a beat before giving him one hell of a punch. This is the same Eddy who has begged Saffron to get laid in the past. Even Evil Has Standards.
- Complete Monster: Patsy and Edina, especially in relations to Saffron.
- Drinking Game: A very simple one. Whenever someone takes a drink, you take a drink. See you in the hospital.
- Jerkass Woobie: Patsy. Several episodes have revealed that her mother was a selfish bitch who ignored Patsy throughout childhood and adulthood and has a sister who has made repeated attempts to murder her.
- Love Martyr: Saffron. Any sane, rational person would have run as far as humanly possible from her mother, but she largely stays by her side out of maternal devotion and a firm belief that if she were to turn her back on her mother, Edina would be dead due to her stupidity.
- Moral Event Horizon: Patsy actually once sold Saffron into slavery. Though it is uncertain how much of that episode was a Mushroom Samba.
- A more literal example in the finale: Edina and Patsy do all sorts of horrible things to Saffron over the years, who suffers silently as a Love Martyr until the final special, which has Edina striking her granddaughter. Which is enough to get Saffron to disown her mother and force her and Patsy out of the house, with the reveal that Saffron is the real owner of the house (due to Saffron's dad putting the deed to the house in Saffron's name so that she couldn't be kicked out by her asshole mother).
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist:Edina and Patsy.