Jump to navigation Jump to search
- One of the characters in Voices From the High School is abused by his father, and he eventually talks to a friend about it.
- Another example is Millie's mother, who gave her alcohol as a young child to "help with naps."
- Spring Awakening has Martha and Ilse, who both suffer from this sort of abuse. The song "The Dark I Know Well" is all about sexual abuse.
- In Electra, Clytemnestra and Aegisthus verbally abuse Electra, confine her to the house, prevent her from marrying, and leave her in neglect. This crosses over into physical abuse with their plan to seal her up in a cave to die.
- In Wicked, Elphaba's adoptive father is emotionally abusive, due to favouring Nessarose over Elphaba.
Back to Abusive Parents