Accidental Hand Hold
Accidental Hand Hold occurs when Alice and Bob reach for the same item and find themselves holding hands instead. This can lead to Alice and Bob instantly letting go, pretending the incident never happened or letting go in disgust with A or B looking sad. Sometimes, Alice and Bob blush, knowing that they're holding hands, but don't act on their feelings. If they're lucky, Alice and Bob can turn to each other, before leaning in and kissing.
Animated Films[edit | hide | hide all]
- In Chicken Little, Chicken Little and Abby are watching the Movie Within a Movie when a romantic part comes up. In the background, you hear movie Little and movie Abby exclaiming things like, "Oh, Ace!" and "Oh, Abby!", while Chicken Little and Abby slowly scoot closer to the tub of popcorn. Eventually, they hold hands, with Chicken Little looking very satisfied and Abby sighing in content.
- This happens between Wallace and Wendolene in Wallace and Gromit: A Close Shave.
- In Chicken Run, Rocky and Ginger are sitting together on the roof of a coop and their wings accidentally touch, which leads to awkward chuckling.
- On the "Pomp and Circumstance" segment of Fantasia/2000, Donald and Daisy, each of whom thought the other had died, reunite when they both reach for the same locket.
- In the How I Met Your Mother episode "Oh Honey", Ted's passing a bottle of ketchup to Zoey but drops it when their hands touch, due to his previously unknown love for her.
- In Red String, Miharu and Makoto brush hands while reaching into the same snack bowl. They then embark on a hot and heavy make-out session.
- In an episode of Regular Show, Rigby reaches inside the popcorn bowl and picks up Eileen's hand by mistake. Eileen smiles slightly, but Rigby quickly lets go of it and turns away from her.
- The Simpsons: When Homer gets the entire town together to form the world's largest human pyramid, it comes crashing down early because Jimbo notices that his and Kearney's hands are touching. They both instinctively pull away, causing the collapse.