Ace Attorney Abridged
- Awesome McCoolname: When Phoenix gets amnesia, he believes his name is Pimpin' McKickass.
- Black Comedy Rape: Subverted. You'd think with Phoenix screaming off screen, he's being violated, but he's just not taking it well that his Tetris high score was beaten. Played straight with Gant, however.
- Comedic Sociopath: Everyone has their moments, but Maya seems to be stuck on this.
- Courtroom Antic: Making even less sense than in the games.
- Don't Explain the Joke: "It's not as funny when I have to explain your own joke to you."
- Downer Ending: Phoenix gets disbarred, Gumshoe gets fired, and Edgeworth gets killed by Aquaman of all people. All Played for Laughs, of course.
- Idiot Hero: Phoenix himself.
- Mouthy Kid: Pearl.
- Only Sane Man: Miles Edgeworth in Episode Thirteen.
- Running Gag: Gumshoe's pay continually being cut.
- Shout-Out: You can tell the guy's a Zelda fan, as the series finale uses numerous songs from The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask and even references that "[Maya] has only three days to beat [a] dungeon before the moon falls on us!"
- Synthetic Voice Actor: The Judge, but with a Spanish program, even though everyone else speaks English. (except for Edgeworth's Dutch-speaking replacement Robo-Judge)
Franziska: What in the hell kind of foolish language is it speaking?
Franziska: You bastard! Only you would make a Judge-Bot that speaks a dead language.
Miles: I'm pretty sure Dutch isn't a dead language.
Franziska: Of course it is, you fool.
Miles: You may be more ignorant than Wright.
Franziska: Hah! Fool! Don't even compare me with Wright. My ignorance knows no limits!
Miles: This is going to be a long trial...
- Thematic Theme Tune: "I Fought the Law" by Bobby Fuller for the first game's cases.
- Tsundere: Maya never misses an opportunity to beat up or have Pheonix beaten up by someone else.
- Voice of the Legion: Dahlia and Morgan
- You Fail Logic Forever: Played for Laughs.
- Butt Monkey: Phoenix, even moreso than in the games.
- Catch Phrase: Several characters have one.
- Judge: "You lose the internet!"
- Ema: "I'm completely oblivious!"
- Payne: "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
- Mia: "...with a totem pole!"
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Phoenix convicts all the culprits from the first four games in 23 seconds, in a montage set to the tune of "Scatman". The Judge then declares court adjourned... for several years.
- Dirty Old Man: The Judge. Frequently lampshaded.
Judge: "I'm old, Mr. Wright. Didn't you learn anything from anime? All old men are perverts!"
- Early-Bird Cameo: Godot, who refers to his actual debut, season 3, as "season negative one."
- Everythings Funkier With Disco: In a certain flashback, everyone had afros, and the Judge was referred to as "Your Grooviness" rather than "Your Honor".
- Fate Worse Than Penalization: Losing the internet is supposedly the worst thing that can ever occur to a character in the series, so much that Phoenix wishes for a ridiculous supply of them from Santa Claus to both make up for the ones he lost and the ones he inevitably will lose.
- Meaningful Name: Subverted by Bellboy, who is actually a NASCAR driver.
- Me's a Crowd: In the first episode Phoenix defends Ema Skye... with Hobo-Phoenix as the Prosecutor and pink sweater University-Phoenix as the witness. Guess who the victim is? Hilarity Ensues.
- Shout-Out: The Judge shuts down a confrontation with Phoenix by shouting "I was FROZEN today!"
- The Internet Is for Porn