Act of Valor/Awesome
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The rescue of Lisa Morales is pretty awesome, from the way the SEALs sneak into the compound and their sniper silently eliminates guards, but the cake has to go to the SWCC boats, who arrive in the nick of time to completely fuck up the terrorist reinforcements, doing their best to achieve enough dakka in two minutes of sustained fire.
- Maybe the most amazing tactic in the film comes from a sniper who takes out an enemy on a small dock, who falls into the hands of a submerged SEAL to pull the carcass underwater without making a sound. That got a round of appluase from this troper's screening.
- As a measure of how awesome that scene was, not only is it the point the trailer kicks into high gear, it's on the first page of the book.
- Chief Dave's solo assault on the jihadists & their cartel allies into the cartel tunnels, fueled by Tranquil Fury. He attacks until his rifle is shot out of his hands; he pulls his pistol and returns fire with a shot-up hand. Even after taking a full burst of fire to the chest, he doesn't stop fighting, even as he is bleeding to death.
- What makes it even more awesome is that it was based on a real-life account.