Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Acting for Two: Nicolas Cage plays Charlie and his twin brother Donald.
- Defictionalization: There exists a movie called Thr3e that has a remarkably similar premise to Donald Kaufman's (fictional) script "The Three" (there's no chase scene with a horse and a motorcycle, though). Amazingly enough, though, its similarity was entirely coincidental.
- Identity has an extremely similar twist to The Three, with the added bonus that it has multiple serial killers, multiple cops, and multiple damsels in distress all running concurrently and on different levels of reality.
- Flip-Flop of God: God in this case being Charlie, who says he'll never pack his screenplays with sex, drugs and violence...but just look at the third act of the film.
- Talking to Himself: Nicolas Cage as Charlie and Donald Kaufman.