Advance Wars Role Play/Characters
The Advance Wars Role Play Characters list. Since there's Loads and Loads of Characters, only present characters will be added at first. Most of this works better if you know a bit about the roleplay or the game series it was based on.
- 1 Current Characters
- 2 Orange Star
- 3 Orange Star as a whole provides examples of:
- 4 Edmund Warfield
- 5 Madison Kelton
- 6 Suzanna Mia Harrison
- 7 Nathan Matthews
- 8 Horatio Montegreen
- 9 Blue Moon
- 10 Blue Moon as a whole provides examples of:
- 11 Julia "Rustica" Osborne
- 12 Mira Petra Goryanova
- 13 Green Earth
- 14 Green Earth as a whole provides examples of:
- 15 Raoul Bellenger
- 16 Adrian Ross Sheppard
- 17 Taylor Sullivan
- 18 Rebecca "Blitz" Ferro
- 19 Yellow Comet
- 20 Yellow Comet as a whole provides examples of:
- 21 Emperor Ken Kobayashi
- 22 Izumi "Hemlock" Date
- 23 Makoto Komori
- 24 Yuriko Maki
- 25 Other characters
- 26 Stephanie "Herr Strafe" Kaulitz
- 27 Blake Roosevelt
- 28 Retired Characters
- 29 Orange Star
- 30 Robert Chase
- 31 Joshua Bradley Kennedy
- 32 Andrew Watfield Allistair
- 33 James "Grey Fox" Riley
- 34 D
- 35 Dan "Dart" Gallagher
- 36 Vasco Rodrigues
- 37 Katalina "KT" Dominguez
- 38 Kari "Kestrel" Stevens
- 39 Blue Moon
- 40 Rakshata Chawla
- 41 Georgy "Anton" Alekseev
- 42 Petr Wrangel
- 43 Felix "Apollo" Adams
- 44 Katerina Joanna "Procella" Goryanova
- 45 Iosef "Joseph" Georgei Pokryshkin
- 46 Sigrid "Electroma" Hennelzen
- 47 Green Earth
- 48 King Ingvar "Thor" Halgrind I
- 49 Natsuki Saito aka Kiku Kurosawa
- 50 Arne "Osprey" Hex
- 51 Stevan Gavrilov
- 52 Amelia "Aurica" Rockford
- 53 Juliet Viola Abandonato
- 54 Yellow Comet
- 55 Christopher "Caligari" Davidson
- 56 Sae Sakurazaki
- 57 Cornelius Westonshire, esq.
- 58 Katsumi Tomiko
- 59 Juri Han
- 60 Hanako Mori
- 61 Aya Tsukino
- 62 Shino "Ryouta" Akiyama
- 63 Black Hole
- 64 Siegfried "Hawke" von leiter
- 65 Elizabeth "Lash" Churchill
- 66 "Adder"
- 67 Adric "Flak" Fedorov
- 68 Terrance "Eastwood" Farkas
- 69 Eva "Ironside" Lorin
- 70 Johnathan "Odin" Taylor
- 71 Gregor "Stonewall" Gordrech
- 72 Maria "Eris" Onette
- 73 Alexandr Molotov
- 74 NP Cs
- 75 Stanley "Knife" Orwell
- 76 Emi "Empress" Kobayashi
- 77 "Nicole"
- 78 Ada
Orange Star as a whole provides examples of:
Prior to the RP Warfield led a campaign in the Alara Range, ultimately resulting in the borders shifting and Orange Star taking the whole mountain range. He retired soon after, until recently when Dart was fired from the role and Warfield was appointed as the "new" Commander-in-Chief.
His strength and weakness lie in tag battles - while his opponents are weaker when tagging, his own tag powers are weaker.
A former Green Earth naval commander with a down-to-earth personality. She is difficult to anger but determined to face problems head-on.
Madison's units fight better over sea and worse over land. This has the effect of making her sea units superior most of the time and her land units average at best.
- The Chick
- Covered in Gunge: Viola used this as part of her disturbing punishment for Madison.
- Face Heel Turn or Heel Face Turn depending on your perspective.
- High Heel Face Turn from Orange Star's perspective.
- Farmer's Daughter: As well as being a literal example, Madison has a few traits of the archetype. Specifically she would dress in Daisy Dukes if the climate and uniform regulations allowed for them, is tomboyish and has a protective father.
- Green Eyes
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- One of the Boys
- Valley Girl
Suzanna Mia Harrison
Suzi is the bastard child of a former teen celebrity. Having been raised by a single mother trying to deal with her celebrity status as well as an unplanned daughter, Suzi learned to be independant from a young age and hates it when people are overly sympathetic to her.
Her helicopter units are stronger than those of must other COs, rivalling even Joseph's, but her planes are weak.
- Adaptation Dye Job: Her hair is a pale brown in the RP and blonde in her artwork.
- Anti-Hero: Somewhere around types II and III on the scale.
- Deep South: Suzi is from Ozark, the RP's rough equivalent to Texas. She usually modifies her accent to hide the fact and to be understood.
- Disappeared Dad: Not that she cares.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!
- Hair Decorations
- Expy: Subverted - see Incredibly Lame Pun
- Geo Effects: Suzi gets all the normal ones, but her CO Power lets her apply terrain stars to helicopters
- Heroic Bastard
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Despite her name, she doesn't seem to have godlike powers. Not without a bunch of helicopters anyway.
- The Lancer or The Dragon (depending on your view on OS): If anyone was going to clash with Dart, it was her or Madison. While Suzi did ultimately respect him, she's hardly open about it.
- Mini-Dress of Power: She owns about three, including a black one. Not that she gets to wear them much these days.
- My Country, Right or Wrong
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: In-universe, generally when Suzi's in deredere mode.
- Tsundere: Type A.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Fluctuates, but is usually around B or C-grade, but is depicted with A-grade in her official artwork. If she had twin pigtails, she could easily reach S-grade. At least, were it not for Warfield's insistence on uniforms...
A young man from Ozark. He joined the Orange Star Military due to his home being invaded by Blue Moon. He gets better defenses with his direct-attacking troops at the cost of indirect attacks.
A submarine captain-turned-CO, Horatio prefers to plan ahead using any information he can get.
His units are harder to destroy in areas with high defence and easier to kill in areas with low defence, even moreso than the other COs.
- Flat Earth Atheist: Doesn't believe in CO Powers, even though he clearly has them.
- Geo Effects taken Up to Eleven
Blue Moon as a whole provides examples of:
Julia "Rustica" Osborne
A former city girl who grew weary of her rich lifestyle and left to explore Cosmo Land. After in incident in the mountains where she was saved by her latent CO powers and a nearby patrol, she joined the Blue Moon army. Served as a CO in the Blue Moon Black Ops for a few years, but ended up leaving after a scandal was uncovered, only to return recently.
Good at attacking ground units, but her units are poor at hitting air units.
- Armor-Piercing Attack : her CO Power and Super Power allow her to do this.
- But Not Too Foreign: Julia is only half Moonian, her father coming from Orange Star
- The Chick
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Friendly Sniper
- In Harmony with Nature
- I Owe You My Life: Joined the army because of this.
- Lady of War
- Lonely Rich Kid: Was one growing up.
- Non-Idle Rich: Mainly after her life was saved.
Mira Petra Goryanova
Procella's sister, Mira joined the military after leaving university early. Two years later she started officer training. One year into this training war broke out with Orange Star, ending her officer training prematurely. Mira was appointed to the Alara Range where it was discovered she had the ability to move her troops through hostile weather easily. She was advanced to the final stages of officer training soon after. Following the war she married and moved into civilian government. After Procella was deposed, she was appointed as General of Blue Moon.
Mira's units are completely unaffected by the negative effects of weather and gain a small stat boost in snow. Her powers let her call forth snowstorms.
- Expy: Her abilities call to mind Penny/Lily and Olaf.
Raoul is the second-in-command of Green Earth. He is outspoken and usually the first in line to argue with Thor.
Raoul prefers to use older unit types and struggles to use modern equipment. This is reflected in his abilities, which means he is stronger with the standard units that each faction starts with. His custom units are weaker.
Adrian Ross Sheppard
Adrian is a former soldier who was promoted to CO when his powers developed. He is a calm intellectual who tends to act as a mediator.
His units have strong defences but lower firepower.
Prim, proper and negotiative, Taylor is the daughter of Green Earth nationalist Sir Edward Sullivan. Taylor inherited her father's patriotism.
Taylor's units have strong defences and low firepower. Unlike Adrian, can switch these around by using her CO Powers.
Rebecca "Blitz" Ferro
Yellow Comet as a whole provides examples of:
- Imperial Japan
Emperor Ken Kobayashi
A pacifist, Ken is a former orphan who was adopted by the previous Emperor and inherited the title. He will fight back if pushed, however.
His tanks and planes have strong firepower and defensive strength, but he lacks strength with naval units.
Izumi "Hemlock" Date
Makoto was born into a rich family who owned a weapons company. She grew bored with being rich and started working in a weapons factory until her family stopped her fraternising with the working class. After settling into the rich lifestyle and having a daughter, she grew bored again and joined the YC Army as an engineer until she was promoted to CO.
Yuriko used to work for the Orion Foundation, a mercenary and weapons development company formed from SMART's remnants before a person known only as Diyu joined and abused their resources. She approaches Yellow Comet with information in exchange for her protection.
Units under Yuriko's command have additional firepower and defence with no real downside. However her CO Powers take a long time to charge up and are inefficient for their price.
- Cool Car
- Cool Shades
- Healing Hands: Her CO Powers let her restore HP to her units.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Her first appearance.
- Hime Cut
- Lady of War
- Lightning Bruiser
- The Ojou
- Power At a Price
- Theme Naming: Her surname means "black pine", fitting with other Yellow Comet characters and their tree-related surnames.
- Floral Theme Naming: Her given name means "lily child", fitting in with PanicAttack's COs, particularly Suzi (whose name is also derived from a word for lily) and Hanako (whose name shares the -ko/child kanji).
Stephanie "Herr Strafe" Kaulitz
An anti-war activist from Neue Muenchen. She adopted an alternate personality in order to protest against the Green Earth military's use of Viola's powers during the Dakota Wars but ultimately was arrested.
A far-right political pundit and evangelist, Roosevelt sparked the ire of Orange Star's command staff by claiming that COs aren't human beings and calling for their removal.
- As the Good Book Says...: Though he twists the meanings of said passages.
- Insane Troll Logic: His argument boils down to The Bible saying that people with "anything superfluous" not being accepted into Heaven. Only humans get into Heaven. CO Powers are superfluous. Ergo, COs aren't human.
- Sinister Minister: Though he's more widely known for his punditry.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: According to him CO Powers render a person a demon, not a human being.
Chase is arrogant and lazy, believing himself to be intellectually superior and a better commander than his colleagues. However, he would rather mock his colleagues' faults than try to prove his actual superiority. He is also insecure around independant, assertive and intelligent women.
Chase is skilled when commanding fast units with high movement ranges, having little patience for slower units.
Joshua Bradley Kennedy
Andrew Watfield Allistair
A former cadet who left the military to pursue a motorsports career. After an accident which left him blind in one eye and with a limp, he returned to the academy and trained as an officer. His powers surfaced and he became a CO once he finished training.
His ground vehicles are strong while his air and naval units are weak.
James "Grey Fox" Riley
A former special forces operative, Grey Fox is a serious person with a tendency to view the bigger picture than deal with the immediate threat. Recently, however, he's begun to lighten up, but also grown more bitter and resentful.
He was a former member of FOXHOUND before his promotion to CO. He is fiercely patriotic to Orange Star to the point of turning the recently defected Madison back to Green Earth. He fled the country for a time before returning captured. He currently has his position back on pain of death.
Grey Fox's ground units do well against expensive units, but struggle against cheaper units. His air and sea units fight on a level on par with everyone else.
- All a Part of the Job
- The Big Guy
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder - Or at least a minor form of it. He prefers to wield power over others rather than remain loyal to them.
- Colonel Badass - One of the few Orange Star COs with a confirmed rank. He still outranks everyone just for being a CO, though, but just likes being called Colonel.
- Colonel Kilgore - But of course.
- Dangerous Deserter
- Establishing Character Moment - Betraying Maddie. He'll never live it down.
- Hero of Another Story - Believe it or not he used to be respected by his peers, way before becoming a CO.
- Killed Off for Real
- Leaning on the Furniture - Tables are comfortable to lean over, damnit. Plus it makes you look imposing.
- Mysterious Past - His CO powers aren't genetic.
- Put on a Bus - After ratting out Maddie, he drove off into the sunset.
- And again recently.
- Shout-Out to Metal Gear
- Smoking Is Cool
- Stroke the Beard - 10% patriotism, 15% coffee, 75% beard stroking.
Special operations soldier who had a sidekick squad to himself. Retired by jumping off the Independence tower and vanished halfway down after player quit the RP and forums.
Dan "Dart" Gallagher
The former leader of Orange Star, Dart was once a hotheaded character, but has since mellowed out into a strong leader- he needs to be with several subordinates hating the guts of each other. He has a caring side, which he tries to avoid showing.
Naval units under Dart's command are more powerful, but his air units are inferior to other COs' air units.
A recently promoted CO, Vasco would have been a prodigy if he'd wanted to be, but he chose a military career over an academic one. He is level-headed and calm, but somewhat antisocial.
His soldier units are fast and powerful but all his indirect-combat units are slow-moving with low firepower. What affect this would have on Mortar Infantry is currently unknown.
- The Chessmaster
- Glass Cannon: Rather, his soldiers are glass cannons, being that they have increased movement ranges and firepower. The Mechanised Infantry in particular, having the strongest attacking stats of all Orange Star soldier units.
- Lightning Bruiser: Again, his soldiers are, especially his Bike Infantry.
- Sixth Ranger and another Smart Guy
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Subverted. Though he'd never let a female CO win against him, he is polite to female opponents.
Katalina "KT" Dominguez
Quiet motormouth with an expertise in computing and robotics. Her origins are shrouded in mystery.
Her units gain firepower benefits per terrain star.
- Beware the Quiet Ones - Or she'll turn into a giant ivy plant and strangle you.
- Bunny Ears Lawyer - She only got considered for the job through massive backdoor dealings and calling in a lot of favours.
- Expy - Just like all of River's characters. Her powers are an obvious rehash of Lash, as is her love of robotics.
- For Science!
- In Harmony with Nature - She once turned into a living ivy plant. Long story.
- Techno Babble
- The Smart Girl
- Trapped in Another World
- Wrench Wench
Kari "Kestrel" Stevens
A girl from a military family, Kestrel wanted to become a pilot like her father. She has a laid-back, teasing personality.
Kestrel's air units have increased defensive strength, but her non-air direct units have low attack power.
- Ace Pilot
- Catch Phrase: "Aite", as well as other hipster phrases. Also fond of aviation slang.
- Nice Hat
Rakshata is a scientist from the India-like state of Grey Meteor. She considers her inventions as her "children" and is generally very laid back. Quite literally, if there's some comfortable furniture around
Her abilities do not affect any units. Instead, she can deploy three unique units on the battlefield and use her CO Powers to replace them if they are destroyed.
Georgy "Anton" Alekseev
Anton is a CO with a slight sense of moral superiority, despite his relative newness. He has some confidence issues and talks with a stutter.
He doesn't have any day-to-day strengths or weaknesses. He instead relies on his CO Powers, which boost his units strength and HP.
Petr was the most senior CO in the BM, having joined at the age of 16 and served until his untimely death by assassin to the mature year of 65. Enjoyed grumbling, complaining about new things and tea. Also had a bastard child D serving in Orange Star of whom he never found out really.
His strengths were infantry and artillery units, which received both offensive and defensive boosts. On the other side, his ground vehicles were weakened. CO Powers boosted both powers on all units.
Felix "Apollo" Adams
The son a former senior Blue Moon CO.
Katerina Joanna "Procella" Goryanova
Procella is the "Tsarina General" of Blue Moon, in charge of the whole nation. She tends to let her advisors deal with civillian matters and let her focus on the military. Procella is known for her acute paranoia.
Procella's units fight better under cover and as such struggle in open space.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: In-universe: Either cruel, lying and manipulative or elegant war leader.
- Broken Bird
- Even the Girls Want Her: Hanako, Viola and Eva all seemed to think very highly of her, at least.
- Evil Overlord: Appears to be Joseph's opinion.
- First-Name Basis: With Viola. It used to be both ways, but Viola has been calling Procella by her codename since she came back.
- The Hero from Blue Moon's perspective.
- Ice Queen
- Sugar and Ice Personality and/or Tsundere: Type A. Although all her relationships with others are purely platonic, she's pretty cold (sometimes outright hostile) towards the other Blue Moon COs. Dart and Hanako are other COs who have seen this, along with her nicer side.
- We Used to Be Friends - With Joseph.
Iosef "Joseph" Georgei Pokryshkin
Joseph is a rather perfectionist former pilot and as such can appear to be arrogant. He gets agitated very easily when Blue Moon is in danger.
His air units are better than anyone else's and he also has an affinity for short-range ground vehicles. His naval units perform poorly, however.
Sigrid "Electroma" Hennelzen
Electroma is the very loud daughter of a wealthy weapons manufacturer. She is scarred and bald after too many close encounters with electricity. She works for Blue Moon's military as a weapons developer.
Electroma is good with modern, custom-developed units but poor with traditional/basic units.
- Bald of Awesome
- Bunny Ears Lawyer
- For Science!
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Goggles Do Nothing: Most of the time anyway.
- Genki Girl
- Misfit Lab Rat: All those band-related patches on her trousers imply this somewhat.
- No Indoor Voice
- Wrench Wench
King Ingvar "Thor" Halgrind I
Thor is the "King" of Green Earth. He has a interest in other cultures and an open mind, but shows no remorse whatsoever in battle.
In combat, his units gradually increase their offensive strength while their defensive strength diminishes.
- Beard of Barbarism
- Drop the Hammer: As well as carrying a hammer, his CO Powers quite literally do this.
- Gentle Giant
- Glass Cannon: His units rather than himself. They gradually become like this as his CO Power Meter fills.
- The Hero from Green Earth's perspective.
- Horny Vikings
- Large and In Charge
- Large Ham: He was even listed as THOR!!! in the country status for a while.
Natsuki Saito aka Kiku Kurosawa
Natsuki is a mercenary CO, working for Green Earth. She grew up in a ninja village run by a clan called the Shahouke. She attracted a lot of attention from the criminal underworld and ended up working for a company called Specialist Manufacturing And Research Technologies as an assassin. After her contract was terminated, she was threatened with execution.
This forced Natsuki to go undercover and change her identity. She currently operates under the name of Kiku Kurosawa, and was later hired by Green Earth. She is very secretive and ambiguous, giving an aura of fearlessness while hiding her true emotions and vulnerability.
When Kiku is commanding, her units always strike first (albeit with less power during her enemy's turn). Her long-distance attacks are also weak.
- Action Girl
- The Big Guy
- Bodyguard Babe
- Domino Mask: She has one painted on.
- Hot Chick with a Sword
- Opera Gloves: Kiku's gloves leave a tiny bit of skin between the shoulder and the glove, where a tattoo is displayed on her right arm.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ice-cream.
- Yakuza: Kiku worked with them shortly before she joined SMART.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: SMART tried to pull this on her, forcing her into hiding.
Arne "Osprey" Hex
PR manager turned CO with Blue Moon parentage. Was meant to be a member of Wrangel family's branch but left unrealized after player quit. His strong side were cheap units which performed better, and weakness were expensive units that underperformed as result.
Amelia "Aurica" Rockford
Sheppard's childhood friend, Aurica has something of a mysterious aura. She is very similar to Sheppard in that she dislikes internal conflict and tries to keep the peace amongst her fellow COs.
Aurica is adept with cheap, light units. She struggles to use heavy, more expensive ones.
Juliet Viola Abandonato
The former Commander-in-chief of Green Earth, Viola was the last person to hold the rank of "Field Marshal" before Thor took over. She has one of the largest backstories in the RP.
Viola was born 25 years prior to the start of the RP to a couple of pest exterminators. As a child she was bullied because of her given name, which made her resent it and prefer to use her middle name. She was successful in her education despite this and finished a degree in toxicology. She was later drafted into the Green Earth military and ended up in an anti-personnel unit.
Green Earth and Orange Star were called upon by their counterparts in Omega Land to assist in an anti-terrorism operation. It was during this time that she developed her hatred of Orange Star (due to how they treated her differently due to her relative attractiveness) as well as her CO Powers. Her boss, Sepp Mengele, tried to use her powers to fashion a weapon. He failed, the attempt was covered up and Viola would retain no memory of these events.
Viola later worked up to become leader of the Green Earth military, a title which she kept for over a year before having a major psychological breakdown. She has since returned briefly to offer Adrian advice in running the military.
Her abilities gave her an attack boost against enemy soldiers but less attack for her own soldiers. Her CO Power damaged low-cost enemy units with Deadly Gas. Her Super Power caused concentrated acid rain to fall and inflict 1-3 damage to all enemy units.
- Confusion Fu: Her SCOP is a minor case. It has a chance of doing 1, 2 or 3HP of damage to enemy units. Most of the time it'll do 2 and averages at 2.1.
- Deadly Gas: Her CO Power contains many forms of toxic gas as well as something to turn it purple.
- Doppelganger: While it's implied that everyone has one, Viola technically has three: her alternate universe self, Rosabella too due to being identical twins and by extension, Rosabella's alternate counterpart.
- Embarrassing First Name: She was bullied because of her first name. Only a few people have ever been allowed to call her Juliet - only Thor, Procella and family members.
- Evil Twin: Subverted - both her and her twin Rosabella could be considered evil, but for different reasons.
- Double Subverted on her return: she's still hardly nice, but she's not outright evil.
- She's Back, but only a few people outside Green Earth know - only Procella, Rustica and Sigrid.
- Poisonous Person
- Put on a Bus: Twice.
- Required Secondary Powers: Due to the nature of her powers, she's immune to toxins and all units she controls or are allied to her are protected from her powers. Usually.
- Tag-Team Twins: She and Rosabella used to do this all the time.
- Theme Naming: Flowers, as with PanicAttack's other characters.
- Theme Twin Naming: Viola and Rosabella's names and middle names are all Shakespearian.
Christopher "Caligari" Davidson
Caligari is a wandering fellow from Green Earth whose true loyalty is to science. He used to work for Research and Development in Orange Star but later joined Yellow Comet due to their focus on technological development. He is prone to mood swings, but generally jovial. He holds two phDs, in Physics and Medicine, and is a Professor of Physics.
He doesn't have any day-to-day abilities, but his powers let him reverse the effects of damage done to them.
- Absent-Minded Professor
- Badass Normal: Unlike the other COs, whose powers stem from their genetic buildup, Caligari's powers come from a machine called the Chronitron Rejuvinator
- Beware the Nice Ones: Beware his serious face.
- Expy: His appearance, personality and mannerisms are based of the the Fifth Doctor.
- For Science!: Caligari is loyal to nobody, just scientific progress.
- Put on a Bus
- Shout-Out to Doctor Who, specifically the Fifth Doctor.
- The Smart Guy
- Technical Pacifist
- Techno Babble
Sae was transferred from Macro Land at the request of Empress Kimura. She respects the words of both Ken and Empress Kimura as law, but will speak out if she feels that they're morally wrong. She is also a shrine attendant and devoted to her beliefs.
Sae's strength lies not in her own abilities, but denying her enemies their own. Her powers turn the CO Power system on its head, meaning that when she attacks, she can drain the enemy's power meter rather than fill it.
- The Chick
- Power Nullifier: Her CO Powers reverse the charge of her opponent's powers. Her Super Power gains strength as the enemy's Power Meter empties.
- Religion Is Right and Science Is Wrong: Sae disputes claims that CO Powers come from genetics, instead claiming them to be blessings of the kami.
Cornelius Westonshire, esq.
Esquire, as he's simply known, is a CO originally from Green Earth who emigrated to Yellow Comet. He believes that combat should be "gentlemanly" and honourable.
Esquire's units fair better in rain and snow, but perform poorly in sunshine or sandstorms.
Katsumi seems to alter between sociable and unapproachable depending on what she's doing. She enjoys tea far more than most other characters but can be a little bit impatient.
Katsumi's units can move further than other COs but can't get as many terrain stars.
Hanako is a prodigious scientist who works for Ken. She is knowledgable in many matters including botany, human biology, military matters, history, art and aikido. She is creative and calm, yet fastiduous. Because of this, she was made second-in-command of the Yellow Comet military, below only Ken himself.
Hanako used to work as a flower shop assistant at a place called Midori no Hana in her youth. She also worked for many civillian research companies before she joined the Yellow Comet military.
Units under her command have increased firepower on plains, forests and coral reefs, but less firepower on roads.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: As with Procella, in-universe example. Either mature, wise and determined to do the best for Yellow Comet or a bloodthirsty dominatrix. Neither are really accurate.
- Asian and Nerdy
- Badass Longcoat: Now in two flavours! One's Elegant Gothic Lolita influenced, the other is her signature...
- Bi the Way
- Bunny Ears Lawyer: She might not dress like it in light clothing and bare feet, but she's a damn good military commander and scientist.
- Career Versus Man: Averted - Hanako only shows any interest in starting a relationship with Ken. If they were to marry, Hanako would end up with both a husband AND a promotion, making this a non-issue.
- Covered in Gunge: At the hands of Nicole and her biogeckos.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She only wears shoes (specifically safety boots) while in her lab.
- Expy: She has elements of Lash and Sonja from the Advance Wars games, plus Batman villain Poison Ivy.
- Granola Girl: Subverted - many people assume because she wears natural fabrics (aside from her labcoat), doesn't wear shoes and has plant-related abilities that she must be a hippie. This is despite her being a scientist and military leader.
- Green Thumb: Hanako can manipulate plants and coral to benefit her units.
- The Lancer
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Ryouta
- Meaningful Name: Her name basically translates as "flower child of the forest".
- Meganekko: Hanako usually wears glasses except when she is experimenting, in which case she wears prescription safety goggles.
- Minored in Asskicking: Quite literally, seeing as she studied aikido.
- Misfit Lab Rat: Visual Kei fan and botanist.
- Not That Kind of Doctor
- Put on a Bus
- The Smart Girl
- Techno Babble
- Trademark Favorite Food: Noodles. Specifically, stamina udon, a noodle soup dish made from noodles with meat, vegetables and a self-poaching raw egg.
An orphaned artist, Aya is an introverted person who thinks highly of her art but dismissive of works she was forced to create. She has some trouble when it comes to being sociable but is protective of those younger than herself.
Aya's units are weak, but unaffected by weather. Her Super Power allows her to attack at firepower equivalent to full HP, regardless of actual HP.
- Creator Backlash - Mild in-universe example. Aya looks down on her own work if she was forced to make it.
- Meaningful Name - Depending on the kanji used, Aya can mean either "colour" or "design". She's an artist.
- Parental Abandonment - First her parents were killed then her older sister (who took on the role of legal guardian) stopped providing for her and her siblings.
- The Unfavorite
- Weather Control Machine - Aya is one, minus the whole machine thing.
Shino "Ryouta" Akiyama
Ryouta is a former visual kei rocker whose band failed to reach mainstream popularity. He was injured in a car accident and miraculously survived, apparently due to his then-dormant CO Powers. As such he joined the Yellow Comet military.
Ryouta's units take less damage from direct attack.
- Dude Looks Like A Lady/ViewerGenderConfusion - During the balance process and In-Universe, Ryouta has sometimes been confused for a woman. The former may be due to his role being a Crosscast Role, though it was listed on the sheet as male.
- Bunny Ears Lawyer
- Combat Medic
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- Dumb Blonde
- Estrogen Brigade - In-universe
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind
- Healing Factor - More powerful than Anton's, but limited to direct-combat units only.
- Good Thing You Can Heal - It saved his life in his backstory.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy - With Hanako
- Shout-Out - His appearance was based on Reita, bassist of Japanese rock band the GazettE - right down to the noseband.
- Stepford Smiler
- Supreme Chef
- Trademark Favorite Food - Rice
- Visual Kei
Siegfried "Hawke" von leiter
The Big Bad of Black Hole, their founder and all round Magnificent Bastard par excellence. Leader of the Circle of Four, the founding Black Hole COs. While he and the Circle originally agreed to stay out of Cosmo Land's affairs, he is working to provide Black Hole with a backup to open armed diplomacy, should the need arise.
Elizabeth "Lash" Churchill
The Circle of Four's second in command and resident batshit crazy 19-year-old science nut. Lash is working with Odin and Stonewall to destabilise Yellow Comet.
The only as-yet-unseen member of the Circle. His actions, goals and, well, anything about him are currently unknown.
- Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Game - Male example. Although he was alluded to in the RP heavily, he never actually showed up.
Adric "Flak" Fedorov
The muscle of the Circle, Flak was the leader of Black Hole's armies until he delgated it to Odin. Flak was working with a dissident sect of Green Earth citizens to cause havoc, but was shot and killed during a standoff with Raoul.
Terrance "Eastwood" Farkas
Former field marshall of alt!Green Earth, now President of the alt!World. Whilst retired from the military, he always seems to find himself commanding armies or whatnot. He was placed in charge of maintaining relations with Cosmo Land. He decided to stand against the Circle's decision to attack Yellow Comet.
Eva "Ironside" Lorin
Former tsarina of alt!Blue Moon, now head of Science & Industry. Horrible injured in a bombing, she is confined to a life-supporting wheelchair. She is currently residing in Green Earth as Black Hole ambassador. She decided to stand against the Circle's decision to attack Yellow Comet.
- Backstory - Once the forceful, warmongering Tsarina of Blue Moon, tempered by her daughter and a bomb.
- Beautiful All Along - Before her wheelchairification, she was quite the looker.
- Catch Phrase - Well, two Catch Sounds really. "hhh" and "squeak".
- Expy of Von Bolt - At least, appearance wise. Personally she's more along the lines of Sonja or Nell.
- Ice Queen
Johnathan "Odin" Taylor
Former commander in chief of alt!Orange Star, now Lord-General of Black Hole's armies. Relished the chance to join Black Hole and flex his more ruthless streak, he is currently working with Lash and Stonewall to assault Yellow Comet.
Gregor "Stonewall" Gordrech
Former Emperor of alt!Yellow Comet, now nothing more than the Circle's errand boy. Deeply resentful of his past actions, but hesitant to rebel against Black Hole for fear of his own life. He was dragged along by Odin and Lash on their crusade to Yellow Comet.
- Always Someone Better - His opinions and ideas are always sidelined or outright ignored. It doesn't help him sleep at night.
- Backstory - Took over alt!Yellow Comet violently, then was forced to surrender two days later. Good job, idiot.
- Bad Dreams - Not just when he's asleep, either. Haunted by a hallucination of his dead comrade.
- Butt Monkey
- Expy of Gaius Baltar - The past tragedies he's been a hand in were never his fault, although his head!Hanako likes to let him know otherwise.
- Stone Wall - It's even his name damnit.
Maria "Eris" Onette
Stanley "Knife" Orwell
Emi "Empress" Kobayashi
A rogue scientist who worked on bioweapon research submarine AB04. She created her own mooks called "biogeckos".
- Batman Gambit: It fails
- Bio Augmentation: How the biogeckos came to be.
- Big Bad
- The Chessmaster: Subverted since her plan was actually rather stupid.
- Evil Genius: Subverted. While Nicole is one of the most accomplished scientists in the RP universe, but a total idiot when it comes to strategy, or even realising that since Hanako specialised in botany, she's of little value for her plan.
- Fan Girl of Hanako.
- For Science!
- Mad Scientist
- Mooks: The biogeckos
- Out-Gambitted: By her own daughter!
- Shout-Out to Nikola Tesla
Nicole's daughter, who was left paralysed after a burglary. Ada was used as part of an experiment to streamline a CO's abilities to command. She was freed when Yellow Comet's COs came to AB04 and found out about the experiment.
- Bio Augmentation
- The Chessmaster
- Disabled Snarker
- Genius Cripple: She started high school at 12 and university at 15, before being paralysed.
- Naked on Arrival
- You Must Be Cold: Hanako gives Ada her labcoat soon after.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: She herself was the forsaken child used to test Project Zainan.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness