Adventures of Mario and Sonic
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Currently, there are three fictions:
- Super Mario Colors, an adaptation of Sonic Colors' basic plot with Mario characters included. From there, it quickly deviates from the plot, bringing in more Mario characters and quite a few subplots.
- Generations, which is based on Sonic Generations. Subplots from the previous fic are continued, and new ones are introduced.
- Peach's Adventure, which follows the adventures of Peach after Mario, Luigi, Sonic, and Tails are trapped in the future. Amy Rose and Russ T. join in to help.
Tropes used in Adventures of Mario and Sonic include:
- Amusement Park of Doom: Played with - Tails keeps asking Sonic if they can go on the rides because he thinks they look fun instead of "doom-like." Eggman is pretty much notorious for designing very stupid versions of this trope.
- Ascended Extra: As Luigi and Tails have essentially been Demoted to Extra in their respective series, they play much larger roles here. A more notable example is Russ T., whose only distinctions are being smart and the Mario Bros' neighbor.
- Badass Adorable: Sonic and Tails
- Badass Mustache: Mario and Luigi, of course, and maybe even Waluigi.
- Blow You Away: Sonic
- Bilingual Bonus: If you can read hexadecimal, you might notice a few things.
- Blind Without'Em: Amy Rose doesn't wear glasses, but it's hinted that she needs an eye doctor, as she mistook Shadow for Sonic.
- Brick Joke: Omega never left Planet Wisp in the first fic. When the Planet Wisp stage comes along in the second, guess who shouts "ANNIHILATE!"
- Catch Phrase: "Let's go trash the place!" from Sonic with a couple of variations. Daisy also has her trademark "Hi, I'M DAISY!," which Luigi complains about.
- Comically Invincible Hero: Somewhat played with, since in the first chapter Mario had to tell Luigi that he is not, in fact, invincible (despite having super-speed and a high IQ). Mario is this intentionally.
- Deadpan Snarker: Luigi when angry, scared, or upset.
- Fourth Wall Observer: Waluigi, Cranky
- Fun with Foreign Languages: Cubot's "random babblings" in Chapter 22 are actually all hexadecimal codes, which translate into things like "You're a nerd if you can read this," "Lampshade hanging," and "breaking the fourth wall."
- Innocent Prodigy: Tails and Luigi, even though the latter is much older.
- Insane Troll Logic: Invoked in Chapter 29 for Waluigi.
- Lampshade Hanging: Frequently.
- Lemony Narrator
- Making a Splash: Tails gains this power, though he has yet to use it much.
- Playing with Fire: Mario
- Rule of Cool: Half of what the fic runs on.
- Rule of Funny: The other half.
- Showy Invincible Hero: Mario comes off as this at first.
- Shock and Awe: Luigi and Tails
- Shout-Out: Chapter 24 of Super Mario Colors features a Shout Out to Phineas and Ferb by having Cubot sing a couple of songs from the show. The Tails Doll joins in. Later chapters include more and more shout outs.
- Stalker with a Crush: Amy Rose, obviously.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Waluigi, mostly Played for Laughs.
- Stout Strength: Mario, of course. He even refers to it by thinking that being fat is an advantage when you have to "smash stuff."
- Tempting Fate: This line: "I SHALL ANNIHILATE THE RED PLUMBER. IT SHOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT."
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Happens a few times.
- The Unintelligible: Yacker, which is a reference to the Sonic Colors game.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: In-universe. Waluigi believes that Tails is female.