Aerith and Bob/Playing With
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basic Trope: Characters with Plain Names live alongide characters with weird names
- Straight: Joe has a friend named kunashi
- Exaggerated: Joe has a friend named Bulx'a7ʘ̃ ahshi
- Justified: Joe and kunashi are from different cultures
- Inverted: The village has lots of name like Kunashi, Watashi, or something of that sort, but there is that one Joe.
- Subverted: Joes name is short for Joznaku
- Double Subverted: But Joznaku is the local transliteration of Joseph
- Parodied: Joe and his friend n!qgamnognx'klxoqaidrothʘnotha7akloʘ̃ nayrethonothaeogijsifngirsifkbnjrsghtsgbngt live in the same secluded village, no one notices the contrast
- Deconstructed: kunashi is made fun of because no one can pronounce his name and later he and his family are purged from the village
- Reconstructed: kunashi and his family are accepted because the community believes diversity is good.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Joe has a friend with a name that isn't particularly unusual.
- Enforced: The head writer thinks that kunashi is a cool name.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Joe and kunashi's parents introduce them to each other to help them grow into tolerant human beings to help build the global community
- Defied: kunashi's parents rename her Alice
- Exploited: Joe moves to this village to improve his pronounciation of foreign words
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Aerith and Bob.