Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero is a 2010 light novel series written by Tetsuto Uesu with art by Tamago no Kimi. Is published by Hobby Japan.
Akatsuki Kuruma has just saved the world of Alayzard, but he can't stay, specially because he's not from there in first place. Years ago, just after he came from Earth through a magic gate, the man that was an hero for the humans of Alayzard died protecting Akatsuki, and our hero doesn't want to stand more resentment caused by this event, even fearing his presence can cause further war. But the villain, the Demon King he defeated to save the people of Alayzard, makes a dying wish to Akatsuki: to take care of his daughter, Myuu. Akatsuki not only attends this wish from the kindness of his heart but because he fears what will happen to the innocent girl if she stays.
And so our hero returns to his world, our Earth. He's not the only one of his kind, oh no: the governments of Earth have apparently sent hundreds like him to other worlds so these people could learn magic, so that precious knowledge can be used in the benefit of mankind. Usually people from other worlds can't cross the gates, but Akatsuki uses a magic loophole to bring Myuu with him.
Now Akatsuki must study in a special school for people like him, while trying to hide Myuu's true identity, by saying she is his lost sister (that's actually dead). And there's someone Akatsuki hopes to stop on Earth...
- All the Other Reindeer: After Leon dies protecting Akatsuki, everyone on Alayzard blames him for his death.
- But Now I Must Go: Akatsuki leaves Alayzard because people still blame him for Leon's death and he wants to avoid any more problems.
- Combat by Champion: How the war between demons and humans ends in Alayzard, in a duel between Akatsuki and the Demon King's Galious.
- Fish Out of Water: Since she came from a magic, medieval-like word, Myuu is naturally weirded out by the advanced human technology on Earth.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Leon died protecting Akatsuki from the demon king's blade.
- Interspecies Romance:
- Myuu was born from the love between a dark elf and a demon who apparently had a "human identity".
- And of course, Myuu and Akatsuki themselves develop a relationship as the series goes.
- Last of His Kind: Galious hoped to be the last Demon King.
- Ms. Fanservice: Myuu is very well-shaped.
- Sleepwalking: Akatsuki has this kind of problem.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Akatsuki and Risty couldn't marry each other thanks to the resentment in Alayzard towards Akatsuki over Leon's death, that could cause even a civil war.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Class A for Myuu's school uniform, as the page image shows.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.