Jump to navigation Jump to search
Akiko Morishima is a Girls Love mangaka who specializes in realistic stories about romances between adult working women. Her works include Hanjuku Joshi, 20-Year-Old Girl X 30-Year-Old Maiden, and The Conditions for Paradise.
Princess of the Stars
Honey and Mustard
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Chiho to Mai
- Bifauxnen: Mitsuki
- Casanova: Mitsuki is quite the charmer. Kaori even refers to her as “a regular Don Juan.”
- Chick Magnet: Mai
- Drowning Our Romantic Sorrows: Mitsuki and Kaori go get hammered at a bar after they both get turned down by Mai.
- Girlish Pigtails: Mai
- Grumpy Bear: Chiho
- Indirect Kiss: Mitsuki kisses Mai’s hand, and then kisses Kaori’s hand to pass it along.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Kaori
- Perpetual Frowner: Chiho
- Platonic Life Partners: Mitsuki and Kaori used to date and now they're best friends.
- Ship Tease: Mitsuki and Kaori, a lot.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Mitsuki and Kaori
- UST: Mitsuki and Kaori
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Yuria
- Emotionless Girl: Yuria is quite deadpan.
- Fetish: Chie likes Zettai Ryouiki, and Yuria likes to watch Chie put on her glasses.
- Girlish Pigtails: Yuria
- Joshikousei: Chie gets very fangirly when Yuria changes into her regular school uniform.
- Les Yay: When Chie goes to a purikura, she ends up squeeing over all the female/female couples.
- May-December Romance: Yuria likes age-gap yuri.
- Meganekko: Chie
- Meido: Yuria dresses up as one.
- Moe: Chie is a strong proponent of moe, and the manga itself debates which is more important to a fujoshi: moe or love.
- Not What It Looks Like: Chitose hears some rather suggestive noises coming from Chie and Yuria’s room and bursts in to tell them to tone it down, only to discover that the two of them were just working on a porny doujin together. In Chie’s own words, “it’s just the story that’s dirty!”
- Old Shame: Chie cringes when she finds out that Yuria has read all of her work, even the really old stuff.
- Otaku Surrogate: Chie
- Shout-Out: Chie refers to her first encounter with Yuria as an “event flag.”
- Yaoi Fangirl/Yuri Fangirl: Chie, the titular fujoshi.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Chie squees over Yuria’s.
We’re Aiming For Love Now
- Bridal Carry: Lalah does this to Shinobu in their backstory. She also tries doing it in the present-day, but finds that grown-up Shinobu is a little too big.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Lalah
- Girlish Pigtails: Lalah
- Gray Rain of Depression: Inverted: Rain causes Shinobu to get depressed because it reminds her of the day her mother deserted her.
- Heroic BSOD: Shinobu
- Implausible Hair Color: Lalah dyes her hair blonde.
- Older Than They Look: Lalah is 29, but doesn't look it at all.
- One Head Taller: Although in this case, the shorter one is also the older one.
- Parental Abandonment: Shinobu suffered this when she was a kid.
- Sempai-Kohai: Shinobu still calls Lalah “sempai.”
- Victorious Childhood Friend
- Meaningful Name: Momoko’s name means “peach girl.”
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Momoko’s friends dismiss her crush on Yoshino as just an immature admiration, saying that she needs to grow up and fall in love with a guy.
- This and That: In an omake, Yoshino recaps the story as "two girls doing this and that with a lollipop".